What's new

How to find language teachers

CrystalTear

My own master
7 Jan 2004
Ok, I'm looking (and have been looking for sometime now) for a Japanese Language teacher/school. Does any one know how or where I can find one?
I really want to learn this language (as do a lot of us :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) So if you know of any good teachers/schools please post them. Thanks!

This is the WORLD WIDE web. You'll probably get more useful answers if you narrow down your location a bit.

Like....where do you live? I know teachers in Florida, but to help you more I need to know your location.

Yeah, I live in NC, the south part of it any ways. :p
I feel silly for not saying that sooner, I did think "OH I should put where I live.." but by that time, I was away from the comp. :(

If you're around Charlotte, I believe there is some sort of organization the local Japanese community has. I remember finding something like that several years ago while doing a web search. Google around a bit on "Charlotte" and "Japanese".

Well you are 16 so your best bet will be to wait until college. Yeah it may suck to have to wait, but 2 years isn't that bad. Try waiting 9.

Stutz said:
Well you are 16 so your best bet will be to wait until college. Yeah it may suck to have to wait, but 2 years isn't that bad. Try waiting 9.

It's best to learn it now. That way by the time your in college you'll absord things faster. If you wait till college, it may not sink in clearly. Also depending on your class size your teacher may not have time for one-on-one.

Think We Covered This Ages Ago?

Usually law enforcement and hospitals keep a list of translators they use when needed. You might try finding out if they have someone for Japanese listed and leave your personal info for that person to get in touch with you.
A local university or college may have a Japanese student looking to earn a little spending money, contact the college and give them your info to be contacted.
There are Japan-American Society branches in many locations, check your local phone book.
You might find someone working at a local Japanese restaurant who can give you info for your search?

Good Luck!

Frank

Back
Top Bottom