What's new

How to be or contact a Anime Director

karak

後輩
11 Apr 2008
Hi, everyone! I was wondering if anyone here knows how to contact any Anime Directors or actually know how to apply to be one of them.

I've searched all over the internet for a good while and haven't got much input.

Most likely because I don't know Japanese and can't search on their sites.

Anyways, I've been working on a story or Anime for over 12 years. I have tons of drawings and so forth.

If anyone can help me out.. then I would so greatly appreciate it.

rather than contacting a director directly, you should probably try getting in contact with one of the companies that produce anime, or even better, get yourself an agent that specializes in this kind of thing. You aren't going to be able to walk into ghibli and say "I got a great idea for a movie."

I've tried emailing a few companies and they respond saying "We have to send this letter to the right department." They send it to the department and I get nothing in return.

I wouldn't walk in saying I have a great idea either. I'd walk in with my portraits, artwork and written story.

I'm all prepared to do this but it's just a real task finding some kind of connection...

I've been trying for a while now, so I figured I'd post on a few forums to see what people would say.

so, have you tried getting an agent? If you don't have any connections you might need to pay someone that does.

No, I just tried going through companies and talking to them. How could I find an Agent?

sorry, i cant help you there. look them up for yourself and shop around for one. you're hiring someone to represent you, so make sure they know what they are doing and have experience in the genre you work in.

An agent will also help you deal with getting a patent on the story. Chances are big that you won't get a dime if you keep on sending your story to companies through the internet, if they would be interested.

Well, my story and art has a copyright on it already. I don't send my story to any companies. I just inquire about proposing it and so forth.

I gotta find a way to locate an agent.

People usually get into that kind of companies during their university years. Some universities have unwritten contacts with "graduate hunters", so they just tell them that XY is talented, has original ideas or whatever, and around graduation they company contacts XY and voila, thats it.
Thats one of the ways.

Welp, I can't exactly get in that way. I don't know of any "Anime" schools around here. I'm stuck in a rut so far but hoping to find the way out.

I dont know how the backstage of anime and manga industries work, I have no idea how anime is published but what I DO KNOW is that most of anime are made from the original manga series, so anyway it seems its more helpful to try the manga direction instead of headfirst into anime

I dont know how mangas are published but I know at least of legal sites that have independent mangas posted (unfortunately I dont know how they work and what it takes, sorry), like Comico/Pocket Comics and Webtoons/Line Manga, maybe there are more

Back
Top Bottom