What's new

How Old Will You Live to Be?

How old were you projected to live? (take the test below)

• Total voters

DoctorP

先輩
3 Jun 2004
Here is a cool link that I found today. It has a calculator that helps you to project how old you should live to be.

Living To 100 Life Expectancy Calculator

This was found in the text for one of my classes. The average lifespan is now 65 for men and 69 for women. (This varies depending upon which source you use) In Japan the avg expectancy is 80.7 (both sexes combined) and in the US it is 77.1. Just curious as to what some of your results are.

I was 78.3 years 😌

Well, the test said 92.1 for me. :? I think it might have had something to do with exercising 7 days per week.

Well the numbers I gave were a world avg. there are many countries where the life expectancy is between 30-40 years old.

The reason that mine is so low is my diet. That is the downfall to living in Okinawa. I have way too many fast food chains available to me. :p I excercise regularly, run, swim, bike...but I drink way too many sodas and eat too much like an American! :gulp: I need to eat more like the Okinawans! 🍜

I got 97,0 years.
Must be the stamina and strength exercise and my love for veggies and fruit!!!
:)

i got 101.5 ...but i still plan to live forever;
(exercising would only give me 3 more years, so, why bother?)

as soon as those genetic engeneers stop the deterioration of tenomers, i'm going under the knife, or taking pills... whatever.

this test is cool. :D

Well, this is weird ... :eek2:

Your calculated health span is 112.6 years.

I don't know, but something has to be off somewhere on this test!! I seriously doubt I'll live that long! :p

I am a vegetarian, and for some reason tests like these always like that fact. Also, I try to avoid eating fast foods. I exercise about 6 days a week, but right now, only by walking an hour a day. They didn't include walking, so maybe I answered that wrong. I also do Tai Chi, yoga, or ballet exercise occasionally as well, so who knows.

I have had family members that were very healthy, one who even lived to age 95, so that could be a contributing factor. I don't smoke, and don't even drink that often. I do drink coffee, but sometimes I go off of it for a while too. According to this test, I should switch to tea.

Strange that they recommend taking one aspirin per day. I hardly ever have headaches and rarely take any type of aspirin or Advil, etc. Plus, aspirin contains caffeine, so according to this test, I should be speeding my behind off!! Maybe I should just take one aspirin per day and do away with coffee instead. Although, if I do that, they'll probably tell me I'll live another 10 years!! I mean, really, not too many people live that long.

Also, it says to take Vitamin E each day, because it's an antioxidant. But I take Vitamin C instead, which is also an antioxidant. Yet the test didn't allow me that choice.

My blood pressure has always been excellent, but I couldn't remember my last cholestoral test results, so I had to guess. I just remember that the doctors considered it very good. The vegetarian diet may play into that.

A couple of other facts were that I am both single and have never had children. Apparently, that's a plus in their book. Not sure it's one in mine! :p

So, barring the fact that I could get hit by bus, I guess I'll live a long time (although, I seriously doubt as long as this test predicts)!

:)

Well, remember...this is only an estimate. Many people will not know their LDL, HDL, blood pressure, etc...but if you knew those, it should be more accurate.

Satori said:
Wow, Kirei, I just notice you have eight balls!!! Way to go!! Isn't that now the most anyone has? 👍

I'm not sure. Does Frank have 8?

Maybe this has something to do with my longevity score? :p

kirei_na_me said:
I'm not sure. Does Frank have 8?

Maybe this has something to do with my longevity score? :p

I thought he had 7, but I haven't counted today. I was going to suggest it had a connection with your lifespan too!!! :D

like the semi-geek that I am, I meassured my blood pressure... took me some time to get the instructions right... but I got it in the end. :D

*agrees with Twisted*

I'm afraid of dying of age. I've always seen myself dying young and beautiful, in a motorbike accident of some sort. Or a drug-enduced suicide. That'd be kicks.

Of course, if I died of a moto-accident, I'm sure I wouldnt be pretty. But at least I wouldnt have to be old and decayed. I think drug-enduced fatality would be the way to go for me.

Well.....

I should start saying my goodbyes now! I've enjoyed my time with you all and hope someone will miss me when I'm gone! I got a 64.8 and I am 54.8 now. Ten years left at best, but I don't think I will make it that far, I'm falling apart fast now! The way the world seems headed lately, I might outlast it?

Frank

😊

Frank D. White said:
I should start saying my goodbyes now! I've enjoyed my time with you all and hope someone will miss me when I'm gone! I got a 64.8 and I am 54.8 now. Ten years left at best, but I don't think I will make it that far, I'm falling apart fast now! The way the world seems headed lately, I might outlast it?

Frank

😊

Don't you dare worry about that. Remember all of the cases of people who smoke and drink and yet live to be over 100? There was a woman in France, I believe, who drank a glass of wine everyday, not sure if she smoked, but she believed she lived so long because of her optimistic attitude. And I agree with her! I think she had already made it past the 100 mark. The relative I had who lived to be 95 had the best, postive attitude in life! Also, I remember reading about a woman who smoked a pipe every day and lived to be 105! So, personally, I think there are a number of contributing factors that play into how long one will live. And you happen to have a great sense of humor and you are also a lot of fun, so I'm sure you won't have to worry about that test!! 👍

108.3, although I may not have remembered my last blood pressure reading correctly
(117/85? maybe) and have never been on any cholesterol-lowering medications so figured that was probably alright as well....😄

I did the test a few days back and I should live to be 89!!!!! Yeah the same age as my great grandmother when she died, she was a legend!

Back
Top Bottom