What's new

How much did it cost for you to visit Japan?

happy gaijin

後輩
16 Apr 2007
Hello everyone! I think this is where this topic belongs, I was a little confused and unsure. Hopefully I am right.

So, as the title states, how much did it cost for you to visit Japan? I have never visited Japan personally, but I really want to.. however I don't have enough money right now.

So, how much did it cost for you to visit Japan?

I think the 3 weeks I was there costed me about 2000$ That's ticket and expenses. (I had a place to stay) :)

I had about 1800 the first time I came here, and I also had a place to stay.

I payed 850 Euro for the ticket from Antwerp.

I stayed for half a month, using hostel all the way I am from Canada. (1euro = 1.5$cdn approximate)

JR pass = 450CDN
Airfare = 700CDN (from wesern canada to narita)
I used 120000yen for everything including souvenir, entrance fees (went to about 20temples/attractions/museums and 2005 expo), hostel fees, food.

So my trip was somewhere like $2500cdn.

Yeah it was expensive. Too much lining up, not enough time to see everything. Unbelievably there were so few distinguishable foreigners for a supposedly international event.

All in all including travel costs and cash to spend across there about £2400. I went no holds barred, 5* resturantes and such. I worked out that on a big budget I could make it on about £1000 - £1400. Im returning in August and the flights costing £400 and the hotel £250.

Back
Top Bottom