• Four or more cups a day

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I am hooked up intravenously

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Index

窶禿塒弯
26 Feb 2005
I drink a lot of coffee. Especially since I got this fantastic new espresso machine, I have at least three cups a day, but often more. Today for example it's only mid afternoon but I'm already on my third one. When I worked in Tokyo I was hooked on vending machine coffee because it was the only way I could get through some of the mind numbingly tedious lessons at a senmon gakko I worked for.

How much coffee do you drink?

Last edited:
I heard that drinking coffee enhances your mood, and I know it does.
I usually drink a cup in the morning and another after work; I grind beans coarse side and use a French press for mine.

I almost never drink coffee... I prefer tea, but only have it about once a week. I also rarely drink juice and never any soda. I am a water drinker (sounds boring, huh ?).

Gave up drinking coffee about 12 years ago. I was drinking pints of the stuff before. Decided I was a bit of a caffine addict, so I gave up. Warning: Don't go cold turkey with caffine, it puts you in a foul mood for about 3 weeks. After that I don't drink anything with caffine in. My mood has changed and I am a more mellow person. I mainly drink water, fruit juice and the odd pint of guiness now. Even if somebody gives me decaff, I've got a tendency to leave it as I forget about it, as there is no urge to drink coffee

I usually drink 2-3 cups in the morning, and then maybe 1-2 of the can coffee's later in the day or at night if I am working.

Coffee, Coco, and Tea are gifts from the Gods !

I was looking for an option with "over ten cups a day" and clicked on "intravenous." I love coffee, chocolate, and tea. Whatever's available with natural caffeine, I take in as much and often as I can. I prefer not to think in terms of addiction, because it gurantees a clear mind and moments of pure inspiration. If I ever die of an overdose, let it be caffeine, and I shall be as wide awake as I descend/ascend/scoot over into the next realm of existence. One of the greatest gifts of the new world to humankind were these divine drinks of wakefulness. To quote another capheinophile, Shooter, "Is there life before coffee?" 😍
More quotes: "Giving everyone a cookie, milk, and a warm pleasant nap at 3 pm. might end violence."

Adding to it: "Let everyone have access to 10 cups of coffee a day, and peace shall be within easy reach."

Last year a friend of mine came to visit and we couldn't find Decaf at any coffee shop. They don't serve it in Japan??!

Well, I'm not a big fan of Decaf, so I don't mind, but my friend was a bit disappointed.

lexico said:
I was looking for an option with "over ten cups a day" and clicked on "intravenous." I love coffee, chocolate, and tea. Whatever's available with natural caffeine, I take in as much and often as I can. I prefer not to think in terms of addiction, because it gurantees a clear mind and moments of pure inspiration. If I ever die of an overdose, let it be caffeine, and I shall be as wide awake as I descend/ascend/scoot over into the next realm of existence. One of the greatest gifts of the new world to humankind were these divine drinks of wakefulness. To quote another capheinophile, Shooter, "Is there life before coffee?" 😍
More quotes: "Giving everyone a cookie, milk, and a warm pleasant nap at 3 pm. might end violence."

Adding to it: "Let everyone have access to 10 cups of coffee a day, and peace shall be within easy reach."
I take it you like coffee. I guess your idea of hell would be a place with no caffine, so it's off to Mormon heaven for you. :D

lexico said:
I love coffee, chocolate, and tea.

The best thing ever is to drink coffee and eat chocolate :)

cookie85 said:
Last year a friend of mine came to visit and we couldn't find Decaf at any coffee shop.

I've never quite understood the logic behind drinking decaf - isn't caffeine the reason why you drink/like coffee? (atleast that's why I like coffee! I wouldn't drink coffee if it didn't have caffeine)

I started off drinking coffee, then I switched to green tea and drank only that for quite some time. Then coffee crept back in and now I'm drinking coffee again 😊 I still love both but I try to watch my coffee consumption because caffeine makes me a bit too hyper sometimes! I have a friend who's the exact opposite - she starts feeling sleepy after she has coffee or tea :)

I'm a coffee drinker myself. I'll drink at least two to three cups a day, at the most. But I try not to drink when it's the evening. I'll become sooooo restless at night. I think it had expresso in it :? . I'm not sure. But I went to class the next day with bloodshot eyes for being up all night. Man, learned not to do that again :p .

I'm jealous of you Index, you have an expresso machine. :( Oh, what can I do?

Ma Cherie: Try drinking two cups of coffee (or more ;D) at midnight... That's a real blast - I was almost literally jumping up the walls xD

miu said:
Ma Cherie: Try drinking two cups of coffee (or more ;D) at midnight... That's a real blast - I was almost literally jumping up the walls xD

Hey, I think I will. Thanks. :p

Mycernius said:
so it's off to Mormon heaven for you.
What brings on the curse ? I never forced you to drink the damned thing ? I guess then you'd have to be in my heaven where you have to drink coffee intravenous where everyone believes "The best thing ever is to drink coffee and eat chocolate !" :devilish:
miu said:
I still love both but I try to watch my coffee consumption because caffeine makes me a bit too hyper sometimes! I have a friend who's the exact opposite - she starts feeling sleepy after she has coffee or tea :)
MaCherie said:
I try not to drink when it's the evening. I'll become sooooo restless at night. I think it had expresso in it . I'm not sure. But I went to class the next day with bloodshot eyes for being up all night.
Miu said:
two cups of coffee (or more ;D) at midnight... That's a real blast
You can say that again. The sleepless nights are the most restful. Experience how the mind stretches in three dimensions in its desperate, futile attempts at blissful slumber. One 2 liter bottle of coka-cola can still do that for me. But coffee ? Nah...once your system's fine-tuned to caffeine, you sleep like a baby after 2,3,4 cups of espresso. Although true espresso can be a bit caustic on the esophagus lining, sugar helps it go down quite smooth. The best bet for a test taker on short study time ! :D

Last edited:
lexico said:
What brings on the curse ? I never forced you to drink the damned thing ? I guess then you'd have to be in my heaven where you have to drink coffee intravenous where everyone there believes "The best thing ever is to drink coffee and eat chocolate !" :devilish: You can say that again. The sleepless nights are the most restful. Experience how the mind stretches in three dimensions in its desperate, futile attempts at blissful slumber. One 2 liter bottle of coka-cola can still do that for me. But coffee ? Nah...once your system's finde-tuned to caffeine, you sleep like a baby after 2,3,4 cups of espresso. Although true espresso can be a bit caustic on the esophagus lining, sugar helps it go down quite smooth. The best bet for a test taker on short study time ! :D

Lexico, I'm now starting to see your posts in a new light....

Never had the stuff. As a matter of fact I don't drink anything with caffine in it. Caffine is a stimulant as we all know, but due to some people's chemical makeup it can end up being a depressant instead. That's what it was like for me. I was depressed all the time, in a foul mood, and literally brought the worst out of me. Despressants like alcohol actually act the opposite for me, and instead act as a stimulant. However, due to a very scarred childhood I vowed never to drink alcohol as long as I live. I very rarely drink juice, so in short I just drink water. Anywhere from 3 to 5 liters a day. (3.15-5.25QTs for some of you.)

Doc:ramen:😄

I cannot stand coffee. I'm like Maciamo. I prefer tea, but rarely drink that as well. I am also a water drinker.

What's weird, is that I loved coffee when I was a young child. My grandma used to let me have coffee, and I really liked it back then, but now...ugh... :sick:

I was scared off coffee many, many years ago.

Back in 1977 when I was a guppy, just starting my career in the Navy and on my first ship, I went to the mess deck for breakfast and saw what passed for coffee in the Armed Forces. The stuff resembled day old sludge and was darker than tar. Even worse, and this is absolutely true, I saw a spoon STAND UP UNAIDED IN THE STUFF!!!
😲

Well, that experience was enough to swear me off coffee before I even considered drinking it. I don't mind the smell of coffee, but the taste is hideous! I prefer tea, especially on cold mornings during winter, it really warms me up and gets me going. Yeah, baby!
👍

When I was a security guard we had a special drink we made for the night watch...

Mix the following:

3 cups coffee
2 shot esspressooooooooo
and stir in 3 pieces of dark chocolate

Drink in 15 minutes.

I guarantee this will keep you up.

mad pierrot said:
When I was a security guard we had a special drink we made for the night watch...

Mix the following:

3 cups coffee
2 shot esspressooooooooo

Drink in 15 minutes.

Hardcore. I'll try it tomorrow....

mad pierrot said:

Mix the following:

3 cups coffee
2 shot esspressooooooooo

Drink in 15 minutes.

I know something much more worse that can keep you up for almost two days straight. The reason why I know this little method is because a former friend of mine did it once. While it's not really that safe (not safe at all in fact), I would only recommend doing something like this when you at a weekend LAN party or something along those lines where you will literally be "tweeking" for a couple days. Okay here's the mix:

3 Bawls
20 Red Bulls
5 Starbucks Double Moca Expressos

This stuff will keep you up for days. Plus, it'll probably make you literally go a little insane. (My friend went a little into overactive hyperdrive the next day after all the mix of caffine, and was really messed up a couple of days afterwords.) In short, use this combo at your own risk!

Hell no! And I never will either! My buddy was so spazed out that he almost ran his car into a ditch on my side of the car too! Let's just say his substance abuse was one of the reasons why he's not my friend anymore. Besides, like I said before I don't drink caffine. It's makes me extremely depressed, tired, and unwilling to do anything. In short it acts as a depressant because of my chemical makeup rather than a stimulant. Nothing but water for me.:) Anywhere from 3-5 liters a day.:)

Back
Top Bottom