What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

How is my handwriting?

How is my handwriting?

• Sloppy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wrong

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Decent

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

AlexThJester

Kouhai
Reaction score
Current Words.jpg Hiragana.jpg Katakana.jpg I'm really worried that I'm learning to write all wrong because I only have textbooks to go off of, not actual handwritten words or someone to actually show me. Here are my only samples.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Some you need to work on more are か、き、ゆ

Warning: if you're lactose intolerant turn the sound off before playing this video. The cheesy music will shred your bowels otherwise.

AlexThJester

Kouhai
Reaction score
Some you need to work on more are か、き、ゆ

Warning: if you're lactose intolerant turn the sound off before playing this video. The cheesy music will shred your bowels otherwise.

Thank you! ^^ Does this look any better? TryAgain.JPG

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
It's an improvement, yes. Hang in there.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Reaction score
I'm really worried that I'm learning to write all wrong because I only have textbooks to go off of, not actual handwritten words or someone to actually show me. Here are my only samples.
Hiragana を and katakana モ and ヤ are wrong.
Notice that;
を: The direction of the last stroke is opposite.
モ: The vertical line doesn't cross over the upper horizontal line.
ヤ: Unlike hiragana や, the slash line crossing over the horizontal line is just one.

I wonder why you learned them in the order あえいおう, not the most common one あいうえお. The order あえいおう is indeed used, but usually it's for vocal exercise mostly for actors.

AlexThJester

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hiragana を and katakana モ and ヤ are wrong.
Notice that;
を: The direction of the last stroke is opposite.
モ: The vertical line doesn't cross over the upper horizontal line.
ヤ: Unlike hiragana や, the slash line crossing over the horizontal line is just one.

I wonder why you learned them in the order あえいおう, not the most common one あいうえお. The order あえいおう is indeed used, but usually it's for vocal exercise mostly for actors.
Thank you for your input! I see those mistakes now. This was one of my practice exercises to learn kana so in aware there may be small issues. Thank you for pointing them out.

I write them that way because of the English aeiou thing since I only have flash cards so it was just how I memorized it.

Top Bottom