What's new

How is Kanojo being used in this sentence?

4 Aug 2019
I know Kanojo can be used to refer to her or also mean girlfriend. I found this sentence and was curious

甲矢もねじれの親友として彼女と想いが通じ合っている様子が描かれていた

In this sentence, how is it being used and what is it saying exactly? If it's used as "her' does it mean intimacy or not?

The background context is needed to interpret, but it seems to be just "her" to me.

The background context is needed to interpret, but it seems to be just "her" to me.
Thank you. I was also wondering, I understand that the word omoi is used 想い and something along the lines of communicate feelings. I know that Omoi means feeling and all and used for love, so in this sense/context, is it used in a romantic way when it uses the phrase "communicate feelings" Is it like trying to say "communicate love?"

Oh here is the full sentence:
本編ではイロモノの印象しかなかった絢爛崎は先輩としての度量の大きさがきちんと示されていたし、甲矢もねじれの親友として彼女と想いが通じ合っている様子が描かれていた。

Last edited:
想いが通じ合っている doesn't always mean "to show it expressly". It could be they just feel it. Anyway, they both know that they love each other.

想いが通じ合っている doesn't always mean "to show it expressly". It could be they just feel it. Anyway, they both know that they love each other.
Wait, in this sentence, is it saying/using love or just saying they have a mutual understanding because the sentence uses the word best friends, shinyu so is love being implied/used here or just simply that they have a understanding as friends and there is no romance?

Last edited:
As I wrote, the context is needed to interpret the meaning correctly. I don't know the relation among them, and it's ambiguous even whom 彼女 refers to is since I don't know who ねじれ is.

As I wrote, the context is needed to interpret the meaning correctly. I don't know the relation among them, and it's ambiguous even whom 彼女 refers to is since I don't know who ねじれ is.
Ah I see, well in any case, since the word shinyu/means best friends then, well at first glance, then can one assume its not romantic though?

I already wrote "I don't know the relation among them, and it's ambiguous even whom 彼女 refers to is since I don't know who ねじれ is." That sentence only says that 甲矢 and ねじれ are best friends. If 彼女 refers to 絢爛崎, there is no problem that 甲矢 and 絢爛崎 are in love.

Back
Top Bottom