What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

How I can write my Name in Kanji

mustking

後輩
Reaction score
Dear Members,

would you please supply my name in Kanji Language which means :
- Angar - - > "Man with Most white skin"
- Mustafa - - > "The choosen man"

Thanks in advance.

:eek:

epigene

相変わらず不束者です
Reaction score
If you're asking "kanji-only," you'd better go looking for Chinese speakers, not Japanese.

The Nihongo Forum basically serves people who "want to study" and not for giving out translations. So this has been moved to ChitChat.

Chidoriashi

In imagination land
Reaction score
I don't think you understand what you are asking. Your name could be written into Japanese style pronunciation and then given Kanji characters which correspond phonetically to your name, but they won't necessarily have the meaning that your name has in your language. Do you understand?

For example.. the name Michael or Michelle's meaning is "one who is like God".. but take Michelle.. and make fit into Japanese phonetics .. ニ蓄ニ鍛ニ歎ニ巽ニ停?ケ (missheru) and you would find that using the kanji for God ツ“ツ神ツ”ツ does not really fit phonetically into that name, and a different kanji with a phonetic pronunciation that fits would have to be chosen.

Now if you are looking for kanji characters just to fit the meaning of your name (and look good and make sense).. then well, like epigene said.. time for you to go to China forum.. cuz using all kanji to translate what you are requesting will just look silly to Japanese people.

mustking

後輩
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your explanations.

The meanings what I put them in my name above are correct, when translated in my language "arabic".

I will go through chinese forum and ask for Kanji lang. I have translated in japanese but I don't know if Hiragana or Katakana
Angar --> アンガー
Mustafa --> ムスタファ

Thanks again for your helps

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Donor
Reaction score
Those are in katakana, which is the correct way to write your name phonetically in Japanese (transliteration). There is no meaning attached to the words, they are just as they are pronounced using Japanese phonemes.
アンガー: "Angaa" (the Japanese /r/ is different, and cannot be used to end a syllable)
ムスタファ : "Musutafa" (but sounds very close to the original)

Top Bottom