What's new

How fast can you type? (WPM)?

GoldCoinLover

後輩
24 May 2004
I can type around 121 WPM with around 98% accuracy if I slow down. I can get around a really bad 70% if I go too fast (145 WPM). I use a standard QWERTY keyboards. Supposedly, there is a DWORK keyboard, which the vowels are placed in a more logical manner; in the center of the keyboard. This makes it much easier to type.

I've done 135 WPM with 95% accuracy, recently, but thats pushing it.

No joke.

Unfortunatley, I don't know how to print out my results. When I use "print scren" and go into paint to post it or whatever, I can't find the image. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Here's why:
I was addicted to an online MMORPG (More obessed, really, that was all I did. Never left my room, stayed in therea ll day, my parents called me 'the mole' i had real social problems. Got angry very easily)

For 4 years. It was a MUD , which means it is all text based; and it has no graphics.

Yes, no graphics. All colored and white text. Sounds boring ,right? Not really. It was a MMORPG (massive multi online role playing game) in which over 2,000 people at a time play at once, in a large constantly changing interactive enviorment.

Anyone who plays MUDS for several years can get extremely good at typing. In fact, all of my MUD friends can type at least 121 WPM with at least 90% accuracy.

It's not really useful, unless you like to post in forums. Or have a crappy typing job.

You can test yourself here: www.typingtest.com

135 WPM? Whew! That's impressive! I haven't tested my typing speed since my very early Navy days as I was required to type so many words a minute (don't remember exactly how many) because I was going into a clerical position. These days, I just take my time when I type so I don't make mistakes that I have to go back to and correct. I get the feeling that if I take that test the program will just laugh at me!
:)

freehand typing (as in from my own mind or someone telling me what to type) I'm at 65-70 wpm at best. reading from something and copying it I'm at 45 at best (goes down by 10-15 when I can't glance at the keyboard and another 10 or so when I have to keep my eyes on text that is not the field I type in nor the keyboard).. and I'm the fastest typer among all my friends and most of my family. 120+ wpm just seems like an unobtainable goal to me.

Pretty cool little test. I was at 80wpm with 98% accuracy. GCL...you could have them email the results to you and then post them if you really wanted to!

I have always been around 80 wpm since high school....This was with me making corrections though as I went! I can't stand mistakes...I would have been a little faster if I hadn't stopped for corrections though.

I took an online test 4 years ago when I was applying for admin work. I was 74 wpm (with making corrections). I might be a bit faster now, after having several years of practice! XD. But it's fast enough for me to make ridiculous numbers of posts... imagine what I'd be like if I could type even faster... :mad:

I was 41 wpm with 97% accuracy - translation: I type with two fingers and I have to look at the keyboard :D

50 and 91%. It goes up when I'm typing my own words instead of reading random blocks of text and re-typing it. =/

Around well, based on my typing in 1 minute ago it will be around 90-110 words 95%. I had typing lessons at highschool, so that was pretty easy, I had above 220 hits a minutes... I can't remember that well.

I'm happy that I can type blind, and that I can type fast, but first I should improve my english skills... lol

well, in Dutch I have around 90-110... in english it goes down until 60 or something.. lol

Nicky said:
50 and 91%. It goes up when I'm typing my own words instead of reading random blocks of text and re-typing it. =/

Especially when I misread their punctuation...ugh

86 and 83%. At one point I had 7 straight wrong words because once you accidentally hit space, it thinks you missed a word and you need to type the next one instead of finishing it. That said, I've always had problems with accuracy. :(

MeAndroo said:
Especially when I misread their punctuation...ugh
It's worse when you skim read like I do. You'll end up with a paragraph that's rewritten in a completely different way than the original.

Because "Dorothy lived in the midst of the great kansas prairies" soon becomes "Dorothy lived in kansas". oops. 😌

The last time I tested this was my speed:
Dear Kevin ,

Thank you for assessing your typing skills with
the free TypingMaster Online Test - and welcome back
to www.TypingTest.com.

TYPING TEST RESULTS

Here are your full test results:

- Test Name: Tigers in the Wild
- Date: 2006-01-04 15:32
- Test Time: 01:00
- Gross Speed: 127 WPM
- Errors: 6
- Accuracy: 95%

- NET SPEED: 121 WPM

GET AN OFFICIAL TYPING CERTIFICATE

Do you need to prove your typing skills to
improve your employment opportunities?

Complete a certified typing test and get a
hardcopy Typing Skills Certificate with
your test results by mail.

For more information click here:

> TypingTest.com - Test Your Typing Speed in 60 seconds

PERFECT YOUR TYPING SKILLS

If you want to perfect your typing skills and save
your valuable time try out the professional
TypingMaster typing tutor.

To download a free demo, click here:

> http://www.TypingMaster.com/tutor

Best Regards,

TypingMaster Team
www.TypingMaster.com

--------------------------------------------------
If you consider this email an unsolicited spam
email, please click here to contact us:
Typing Master - Contact Us

--
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.12/220 - Release Date:
1/3/2006

Back
Top Bottom