What's new

How does sentence structure work?

Razahia

先輩
7 Jun 2013
First I apologize for making a lot of topics recently. I have a ton of questions since i'm relatively new but I'm most likely being annoying at this point.

I always wondered something... How does one know how to put a sentence together in japanese(Forgive me as I can't type in japanese letters)

How do I know where to put each word in the correct place in a sentence.

Example Ichigo ga daisuki desu(I love strawberries) I hope at least... How does one know that's correct?

I know in English you remember it pretty much by hearing sentences and english classes but How does sentence structure work for Japan?

Thanks.

The most basic structure in japanese is X は Y が, where X is the topic marker, and Y is the subject marker. This site has a guide for beginners to follow. You should read through it, take note of the particle usages, and whatnot. Once you start feeling a little more comfortable, you can try listening to audio files, whether it be songs, tv shows, talk shows or anime. And try to pay note on what they say and compare it to what you learned. You'll find some things just go together. It's not something you pick up immediately. Go slow and steady. Self-study books help, but aren't necessary if you can be diligent. But you should cover the basics as mentioned in the guide first. Then slowly expand your vocab.

Japanese Grammar 日本語

You're probably in need of more grammar knowledge, that includes particles(助詞), expressions(表現), and more text translations.

Choko Choko library is a nice place to find texts, the more used you are to reading and listening, the more skilled in joining words and sentences you will become.

Conjunctions and Prepositions are your friends, they will glue the parts together and give meaning to your words.

Back
Top Bottom