What's new

How do?

Elmondo

後輩
19 Nov 2006
Hello there!
Nice website you got here; I look forward to using it.
So...introduction...
I'm from the UK, England, I'm 19...what else? My interests in Japan mainly come out of my practice of Soto-Zen, which of course originates in Japan, (sort of). I'm very serious about Zen, and have spent a significant part of my time these past six months practicing Zazen and going on retreat to a training monastery in the north of England, (Throssel Hole Buddhist Abbey, if anyones interested), to do more Zazen. I feel very lucky on two counts. One, that I have found something I'm so passionate about so early on in my life, and two, that there is a genuine Soto monastery in my country that I can train at.
And yet I'm still very drawn to Japanese culture and her people; and that ideal fantasy of practicing in Japan, and possibly ordaining there is still very much alive, despite the presence of a very authentic monastery here in the UK. I suppose I hope to learn more about Japanese culture on this website, and who knows? Perhaps this site will play an important part in where my practice takes me next.
I look forward to some interesting time here!
In Gassho.
Elmondo.

Back
Top Bottom