What's new

How do you like your horror?

isayhello

後輩
25 Jan 2005
How do you like your horror, do you guys want it to be spooky-like and kind of, "you-know-something-is-gonna-happen-but-still-it-scares-the-hell-out-
of-you-as-you-just-sit-there-and-waiiiiit-for-it-to-happen" kind of horror movie - a movie with ghosts and sudden surprises that really gives you the creeps.
OR do you like the movie with tons and tons of gore and blood in it and schoolgirls kicking eachothers butt, using weapons like axes and forks. The movie which doesnt really scare you, but is still cool cause it has lots and lots of people dying in it...

As for me... I think I prefer the last one. 😊

Anyone saw Suicide Club and liked it, please become my friend! 🙂

I like my horror to be modern, disgusting, and a disgrace to mankind.

I'd have to say I definitely prefer the more subtle form of horror. That's not to say I don't enjoy the occasional gorefest, though.

I prefer to watch horror films that are more suspense based (ie: Ringu, Joh-oh) than in-your-face gore.

Unintentional horror. Like 'Star Wars EpII'. Scariest film ever. It was like someone had bathed me in a pool of liquid LSD and locked me in a room containing only a blue screen and some embarrassing dialogue.

JustJosh said:
Unintentional horror. Like 'Star Wars EpII'. Scariest film ever. It was like someone had bathed me in a pool of liquid LSD and locked me in a room containing only a blue screen and some embarrassing dialogue.

haha, yeah good one Josh! That movie IS scary.
Anakin fills me with fear - and Iツ´m not talking about him becoming Darth Vader... Iツ´m talking about his FACE. He looks like he bathed in tanning-oil and painted his lips PINK. + His lips are ten times larger than normal lips should be. Scary...............

I really don't know.
I used to be a huge fan of horror when I was growing up.
But one day.....
I watched Carrie with my whole family.
Too much blood really quenched my blood thirst for good.

Ever since, I do not remember enjoying horror.
Especially the gory ones.
I still like the classical pieces like all those incarnations of Frakenstein's monster. But then it ceased to be horror any more.

I think it takes a certain level of vulnerability to enjoy horror.
Superstition, imagination, and a good dose of humor is probably what makes horror so enjoyable.

The last horror that gave me any genuine creeps was ring-gu.
After the heroine makes peace with the forsaken girl's remains, all should have gone well...the sad and angry spirit laid to rest.

The masculinly transformed girl-in-white emerginf from the TV screen still gives me chills. :74: :71: :15: :144: :137: :104: :84: :20: :20: :20: :eek:

Last edited:
I never sleep in the same room as a Television set after my monthy view of Ring, which in my house, is a bathroom... With a mirror... Which are creepy things!

*The eyes! The EYESsssss!!!!*

Ring..........................................scary.
NO, me no like.
Itツ´s better with blood and blood and blood. It doesnツ´t freak you out, just gives you a feeling of... hm? *lost in thought*

I like all kinds of horror films :)
The ring is cool cus its the only film that really gives me the creeps and films with loads of blood an guts flying is always funny :p

As of right now, I perfer to have the traditional ghost story with a modern twist. Something that Japan is very steep in.

Just now I got goosepumps just thinking of it ... 😲

I personally like the Japanese idea of horror , ghosts , alive furniture and one eyed creatures.... booooo
And then I like the kind of evil little kids in big old houses etc .. etc ..

"RING" The japanese horror movie , represents everything I love in horror. The nerve-boiling silence ohhh!!!

And , I am really up to watching the new movie ,Hide and Seek ?? sounds good to me ..

Suki-Yaki said:
"RING" The japanese horror movie , represents everything I love in horror. The nerve-boiling silence ohhh!!!

And , I am really up to watching the new movie ,Hide and Seek ?? sounds good to me ..

RING was a good movie. I remember it really freaked me out. (I thought I would die a week later... ) SOOO scary. But only the japanese version. The hollywood version sucks, cause itツ´s too overdone. Just exaggerated.

Hide and Seek, seems OK. Is this also a Hollywood remake of a japanese movie?

I like it when blood and gore take a bigger part of the movie than the story does.

... and zombies. You can never go wrong with Zombies.

I've been watching this Japanese series, Tales of Horror and I find that I like it as well as in the Ring which is set in the modern times. I think the featured stories are real tales of horror in Japan. What makes it more likable for me is the setting. The characters all wear the traditional Japanese clothing and live in traditional Japanese houses. :)

I like bloodcurdling horror like Ringu and Ju-on, the kind of movies that make you shiver and raise major league goosebumps. The best kind for me!
👍

isayhello said:
RING was a good movie. I remember it really freaked me out. (I thought I would die a week later... ) SOOO scary. But only the japanese version. The hollywood version sucks, cause itツ´s too overdone. Just exaggerated.

Hide and Seek, seems OK. Is this also a Hollywood remake of a japanese movie?

oh ,it happened to you too ?!! I too observed the week as it passed .. slowllllyyy ....

Gnah ! Ofcourse the hollywood remake sucked !! I mean , all of those special special effects , what's left to believe in ?!

Like take for one the cursed video itself. In the Japanese REAL version , the video looks so low quality and damn freaky , as if some person has taken it , for real..

In the hollywood version , it is so .. detailed. You can almost see "hollywood" stamped all over it ! Too much high quality and too less fright .

I am seeing the ads for Hide and Seek over at Yahoo oftenly as I log in. But I have no idea whether it has a Japanese history (I think not)

And by the way. I have been interested to know what "Suicide Club" was all about , and searched it through the net.... ewwww .. skin ribbons ...

It seems like an old movie ?? I am hoping to watch it soon ! 😄

Suki-Yaki said:
oh ,it happened to you too ?!! I too observed the week as it passed .. slowllllyyy ....

Gnah ! Ofcourse the hollywood remake sucked !! I mean , all of those special special effects , what's left to believe in ?!

Like take for one the cursed video itself. In the Japanese REAL version , the video looks so low quality and damn freaky , as if some person has taken it , for real..

And by the way. I have been interested to know what "Suicide Club" was all about , and searched it through the net.... ewwww .. skin ribbons ...

It seems like an old movie ?? I am hoping to watch it soon ! 😄

Suicide Club is a really good movie, but more of a "cult-movie", and definitely not as scary as RING. But itツ´s got a cool story that discusses the problem with suicide. There are several movies, I think, one really old version. The one I like is the japanese version from 2002. Thatツ´s the good one! See it, I recommend!

TwistedMac said:
I like it when blood and gore take a bigger part of the movie than the story does.

... and zombies. You can never go wrong with Zombies.

I forgot about zombies. Zombies are great. There are never enough.

As for the Ring, the dvd has Sadako's video on it and it really creeped me out in the middle of the night... Now my brother keeps leaving TVs on static all round the house... :eek: Or at least i hope its my brother... :unsure:

yep, Zombies are good. But I think I preferr ghosts.. they are way more cool. +ghosts always have a cool story behind them, someone that was murdered in a really gruesome way etc...

Zombie just pop out of the groud for no reason whatsoever and just walk around and moan. But they are still cool.

i love my horror with lots of blood, guts, sex, gore and monsters ^_^ give me a long disturbing horror flick and i'll be happy

Zombies are only good for sudden shocking moments. If you realy wanna get the chills and get into the story , nothing better than ghosts .. 👍

I don't really like un-identified creatures. They could be scary , but when the monsters have human figures , or have been transfered from humans , then they are much scarier ...

Ahhhhh I wanna watch a horror movie !!! 😍 :eek:

I like movies

that disturb you in some way. Movies that get to you afterwards.

When I was 12, I saw The Exorcist and nearly sh*t my pants.
I wouldn't call it horror, but the last movie I saw that had a lasting effect on me was 8mm. (Off the top of my head.)

The good thing about true horror moives is that no matter how scary, how lasting the goosebumps, you know it's not true in real life.

I remember the 8mm, which left such a horrible feeling that I blocked out the category of "snuff" for good. I don't want to go near anything resembling it. I do not have a word for that and ***** is not part of my vocabulary any more.

Back
Top Bottom