What's new

Hotel/Ryokan in Hakone ?

dreamer

後輩
15 Aug 2003
Hello people,

I wanted to ask if any of you knew of a cheap place to stay in Hakone?
I have already looked up other threads and am planning to contact the few hotels/ryokans I obtained information from, but the prices seem a little expensives though.
Ideally I would like to spend at most 7,000y for a night but I can go up to about 10,000.

I'll welcome any recommendation.

Thanks

To Fuji-Hakone Guesthouse Site Top

this is place I went last february. quite popular, really nice and reasonably priced.

there is everything on their web site, and it looks exactly like that!

really good location too, considering how hakone is spread all over the mountain

I stayed at Shunkoso in Hakone-Yumoto for 7000yen/night. They have their own onsen which was lovely and was only 15minutes by walk to the train station/stores. You can also take the buy for 100yen if you preferred. (I took the bus with my luggage but walked to the stores most of the time.)

The staff speaks some English and were very helpful. I arrived early and they allow me to drop off my luggage while I sightsee and came back suring check-in time. If you include dinner and breakfast, you have to pay extra and they serve seasonal food. It was simple but very delicious. It was a great experience for me.

Below is the Shunkoso Ryokan/Onsen info:

Shunkoso's Address:
554 Yumoto Hakone-machi
Ashigarashimo-gun
Kanagawa-ken
Tel: 250-0523

Directions: From Tokyo train station to Odawara train station by Shinkansen (Bullet Train), it is a 35 minute train ride. From Odawara train station to Hakone Yumoto train station, it is a 13 minute train or bus ride.

From Shinjuku train station in Tokyo, there is also the "Romance Train" to Hakone Yumoto train station which takes 90 minutes. Once guests arrive at Hakone Yumoto train station, a shuttle bus can take guests to Shunkoso Ryokan. This shuttle bus is operated by the Ryokan Union, and it leaves the station every 5 minutes and 35 minutes past the hour. The shuttle bus fee is 100 yen for a one way trip per person.

I'll be heading to Hakone in a couple weeks and just wanted to check if anyone had any other recommendations?

There are a few hotels listed on the Japan-i website. They look like they might be a bit pricey though, most of them have their own onsens though which is convenient.

Good luck!
Shana

Back
Top Bottom