What's new

Horror movies

LucifersBride

The Dark Witch
4 Jan 2003
I was so glad to catch Spiral aka Uzamaki on the Sundance channel. I thought it was awsome. I only read the first volume of the manga but I liked the movie allot. Has anyone seen it? It was very good and it was subbed so that was good.

I also really love Uzumaki! It is quite possibly one of the weirdest movies I have ever seen, and it is a movie I won't soon forget. I got it on DVD a few weeks ago, and it is even better on the second or third viewing.

Hmm... not familiar with that one. I'll have to check it out, thanx for the heads-up.
:)

Uzumaki is not the same as Ringu's (spiral), I believe....although there seems to be a theme with rings, spirals, going kuru-kuru and so on.....must be that theme about craziness they use in Japan, while twirling one's index finger around one's head.... :p :D

Haven't seen it yet although I do like a good "Haunted House" movie and the fact that they are using an actual house in Saitama prefecture as opposed to a set is a good sign. Should be good.

Spiral?? Nope... I haven't see it. Btw, Have you guy's watch the ring 1, 2, and zero?? I really like it. Especially when sadako came out fron the television. 👍

Originally posted by Ancella
Spiral?? Nope... I haven't see it. Btw, Have you guy's watch the ring 1, 2, and zero?? I really like it. Especially when sadako came out fron the television. 👍

this weekend I watched the ring with my siblings (it was so scary...at the end my sister wanted to sleep in my room).

The most scary scene I think was when sadako's eye was shown...it was disgusting...

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh....!! You mean, when she has got out from the television rigth?? Yeahh.. it's so spooky!!😲
And the stupid part is.. I can't even sleep that night. All my friends even doesn't watch that part (they're too scare to watch those part).:mad:

Originally posted by Ancella

I watched Ringu 1 & 2 and was realy scared.
Normaly I am not much scared seein horror movies, especially as Hollywood seems to think, that horror is the same as blood.
Ringu 2 frightened me even mor as Ringu 1 did.
I hope I can see Ringu zero, too!

So... Lil'Anij, have you seen Ring zero yet?
About spiral... I've watch it lately. I think it almost similar as the ring.:)

I have ring 0, but haven't watched it yet. I picked it up at the Japanese mall and it doesnt have subs. My japanese is very rusty. Actually, it sucks. I loved the first 2.

I heard that ring 0 movie wasn't that scary as the American version. But I would have to say the American horror movie of the year would be THe Ring. When that movie came out, every1 at school was talking about it.

"Ringu 0 Birthday" is a very interesting movie. You get a new feel for Sadako. I feel sorry for her. I think the ending is a scary as the ending in Ringu 1. Norio Tsuruta is also a very skillful director. Knows how to scare the hell out of people.

Ones again I want to point out that US Remake The Ring is a bad copy of a great Japanese movie.

Is Yukie Nakama (Sadako in Ringu 0) as famous actor in Japan?

yeahh you right HennaSaru, I really agree with you. Ring 0 is a sad movie. Btw... I haven't watch Ring DNA. So... have you guy's saw it yet?
And yes Yukie Namaka is a famous japanese actor :)

Yeah You're all right!! Yukie Nakama is a one of the greatest!! actress in japan
I watch ring-0 to... im not scared in that movies but i fall inlove with Yukie who played SADAko there... I feel bad when her father try to kill SaDAKO!! RRRRRR.... Anyways Im a Greatest fan of yukie!! I love Yukie Very very much!! :) :)

LucifersBride said:
I was so glad to catch Spiral aka Uzamaki on the Sundance channel. I thought it was awsome. I only read the first volume of the manga but I liked the movie allot. Has anyone seen it? It was very good and it was subbed so that was good.

I've seen Uzumaki and read the entire manga series, and both are sufficiently weird and creepy, the manga even moreso in my opinion!
👍

I've also seen Ringu 2. Without giving much of anything away, it wasn't quite as scary or gripping as the first movie, but that's just what I think!
:eek:

flashjeff said:
I've seen Uzumaki and read the entire manga series, and both are sufficiently weird and creepy, the manga even moreso in my opinion!
👍

Uzumaki I have on dvd at home, and it is ok...I mean, it is not the best of films from Japan I have seen. It is very weird....*duru-guru-guru-guru* I think it is one of those films which is "cult" and people talk about, so it is a "must-see", but in my opinion, the film is too weird for my taste. 😊

I've heard that the movie The Audition is supposed to be pretty freaky (which is a good thing!). I haven't been able to see it yet, though.

ALERT!!!! The original Ju-on is out on DVD!! if you like being scared out of your underwear, by all means, buy this movie! Man! That was one seriously creepy flick that left me shaking afterward! Whew! You HAVE to have this in your video collection!

😲

flashjeff said:
ALERT!!!! The original Ju-on is out on DVD!! if you like being scared out of your underwear, by all means, buy this movie! Man! That was one seriously creepy flick that left me shaking afterward! Whew! You HAVE to have this in your video collection!

😲

That dvd has been out for a long time...I know that I bought mine last year...well, maybe it depends on which region the dvd is.... ?:)

Miss_apollo7 said:
That dvd has been out for a long time...I know that I bought mine last year...well, maybe it depends on which region the dvd is.... ?:)

Really! I didn't know that! Well, since I bought my copy at Best Buy, that means region 1. Perhaps your version was different. There's no doubt that the success of The Grudge spurred the release of Ju-on!

flashjeff said:
Really! I didn't know that! Well, since I bought my copy at Best Buy, that means region 1. Perhaps your version was different. There's no doubt that the success of The Grudge spurred the release of Ju-on!

OK, maybe I got my Ju-On dvd earlier (at least a year ago)because mine is a region 2.... 🙂

@Flashjeff: ENJOY Ju-On, it is scary. I especially hate the sound when the ghost appears...it still gives me the creeps!

Back
Top Bottom