What's new

Hope, faith and love

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
4 Feb 2005
Could someone please tell me what the kanji is for Hope, faith and love? I saw some kanji tattooed on someones neck and he told me that is what it said. I am a little dubious about it because the middle wasn't a kanji symbol, but the hiragana for "Da". He seems to think it is right as he looked it up in a kanji dictionary at the tattooists and a chinese girl told him it was right. I did point out that just looking at a symbol in a dictionary is not a good thing as they can have more than one meaning when put together.

Could someone please tell me what the kanji is for Hope, faith and love? I saw some kanji tattooed on someones neck and he told me that is what it said. I am a little dubious about it because the middle wasn't a kanji symbol, but the hiragana for "Da". He seems to think it is right as he looked it up in a kanji dictionary at the tattooists and a Chinese girl told him it was right. I did point out that just looking at a symbol in a dictionary is not a good thing as they can have more than one meaning when put together.

希望 for hope
信、信念 ofr faith
愛 for love

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems that he has something that he doesn't know tattoed on his skin, because they look nothing like that.

Back
Top Bottom