What's new

Homework help please - many kanji that i don't know in a text

ria88

後輩
5 Dec 2013
Image0955.jpg
this is a text i have to translate for homework. It's hard for me because there are no readings for kanji at all. I started writing what I found on a paper, but then I realized that I will lose too much time if I do it that way. So I need your help. Can anyone write the text for me in a word document, so that I can later copy a kanji and paste it in a translator online? I think that's the fastest way for me to actually translate these words (and the whole text), I just need it where I can copy it (I only have this paper I took picture of, so I think you see my trouble). I won't ask for you to translate for me, or write reading of every kanji - that's too much work, but just rewrite it in word would be much appreciated (and it's not a loss of time for native speakers, since this will probably be just a 5 minutes of work for someone who studied kanji practically since their birth) . :) Thanks in advance.

Learn to use a multi-radical kanji search like WWWJDIC: Multirad Kanji . Yes, it will take longer than someone doing it for you, but you won't learn anything if someone online helps you out every time you need to do homework. (If there were only one or two words you were having trouble with, that's a different matter).

If your teacher thinks you should be able to read text like this, and you're struggling - talk to them, before you get further behind.

There's no point in talking to the teacher(s), because they are not interested. They want to see results, give homework all the time and I can't do everything on my own. I know websites like that, and I tend to use them when I have enough time, but now that's not the case so that's why I'm asking for help like this, from a native speaker. Don't worry about me learning enough :)

I can't help right now, but i'll leave something here too

Denshi Jisho - Online Japanese dictionary -> This site was my first pick untill a few months ago, it has a nice way of searching for kanjis you dont know, by radicals.

The effort one takes to comprehend something new will definitely count for the learning proccess,
whatever comes with effort will also need a lot of effort to be taken out of your mind

I don't understand. The newspaper article is quite advanced. I'd expect that you know at least 1000 characters to even have any chance with a electronic dictionary but I see u have rubi text on every character, even 外国 which is really basic stuff.

Sounds like you have a very weak foundation and even if online translation makes sense which I doubt, this won't save you with your next homework.

If you have a smart phone, buy the dictionary apps like Genius English Japanese dictionary and use the handwriting Japanese input on your smart phone would be my advice.

If you use the program 'KanjiTomo' you can mouse over your words and it will try to recognize them and look them up in EDICT (the definitions file from wwwjdic). That may save you some effort with lookups.
KanjiTomo - OCR Program for Japanese text

You could also OCR the whole file the traditional way with some other programs, but I feel that would only take more effort to correct than it would save by giving you a digital file.

There you go.

えんぴつ

新聞では外来語、外国の地名、人名では、原則として「 ヴ」使わないことにしている。だが、この取り決めが、 このごろ怪しくなってきたようだ。
「「ヴ」は使えないんです」と、出稿部デスクに指摘す ると「使えるようになったんじゃないの?」。ときには 、「使いない」「いや、使えない」で、ちょっとした言 い合いになることもある。
「ヴ」はなるべく「ブ」と書く、という国語審議会部会 報告の「外来語の表記」をもとに、「ヴ」を認めない原 則を決めて、三十年以上も紙面づくりをしてきた。それ が一九九一年の内閣告示から、一般の表記について柔軟 に対処し「ヴ」も使えるようになった。だが、新聞は、 また認める考え方はとっていない。広く「ヴ」が使われ ている状況ではない、などの理由からだという。
もちろん例外はある、社外?者や取材先からの強い要請 があった場合や法人名・商品名などの場合は、「ルイ・ ヴィトン」など、弾力的な運用をする。
個人的には「ヴ」を使いたい気持ちも分かる。ドイツ・ バイエルンの王ルードヴィヒが「ルードビン」に映画監督で俳優のジョン・カサヴェテスも「 カサベテス」になっては、別人のよって寂しい。

Thank you so much. It means a lot and saves time. :) Can you do this one too like that, please? That's the next one, but I want to be hardworking and to start working on translation for both texts on time.

Image0956.jpg

Lol. Except this second article is even harder than the first one. 精霊【せいれい】、憂慮【ゆうりょ】、驟雨【しゅうう】、誇らしい【ほこ・らしい】 I mean it's got ruby text for native Japanese speakers. You know you are in trouble now.

The gist of the article is saying the author visited some shaman in the amazons. Lost me on the animal spirit and angry little people who lives under water part. Then Tells him about 2 animals. One is the river dolphin and the other, a sloth. He goes on how the dolphin is superior to humans and how the sloth is so peaceful and how it got its name in whatever native language they speak. Finally caps off with how he thinks it's a mistake to think humans are the only humans. Quite the hippy stuff but I'd expect nothing less from an environmental activist.

What level of Japanese are you studying? このレベルの記事を読めたらたいしたもんだよ。ちゃんと勉強しないと、自分をごまかすだけなんだぞ。

In the first article, there is one character Chris couldn't work out. it's 社外筆者 I believe. しゃがいひっしゃ。

Last edited:
There are several typos of hiragana/katakana in the transcription, but the OP just wanted to know the readings of the kanji, so there would be no problem.

アマゾンでシャーマンの話を聞いた。ジャガーを初めとする林の様々な動物たちの精霊と交信する話。湖の湖底にある町の話。そこ町の主である長い髭の「こびと」が、地上世界の人間たちのわがままな振る舞いに腹を立てている。それをシャーマンは憂慮する。

湖底の町の住民である川イルカについて、彼はこう言った。「みんな、いるかは魚とか動物とかと思っているけど、ほんとは人間なのさ。じゃあ、われわれ人間とどこが違うかって?違うのはただ、彼らのほうがより優れた人間だという点だけだよ」

会話の最後に、僕は大好きなナマケモノという動物について訊いておくことにした。シャーマンは答えた。「うん、とてもいい奴さ。誰に迷惑をかけることもなく、誰と争うこともなく、静かにのんびりと生きている」。自分がほめられたような誇らしい気分。

先住民の言葉でナマケモノは「インティヤパ」というのだそうだ。インティは太陽、ヤパは炎。熱帯の太陽が昇り始める頃や、ジャングルの驟雨のあとの晴れ間に、ゆっくりと木の梢に向かうナマケモノを、僕は幾度か見てきた。身を開くようにして陽光を浴び、体を温めて、エネルギーを得ようとする。それは太陽に向けて祈る姿にも見える。僕たちはともすると、この世が人類だけのためにあるかのような錯覚を起こす。もしかしたら、アマゾンのシャーマンが言うように、自分たち人間だけが人間だというのも、とんだ思い違いかもしれない。

(文化人類学者、環境運動家)

10478862_886146154733165_1901547800_n.jpg

Hello again :) I would be grateful for your help with two more texts. This time, I need to have the correct readings of all the Kanji (so no need to type everything, or search for the meanings) I've attached the first. I found a job this year and I'm still studying, so time to search them one by one now. The finals are very soon so I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with this. I just need every kanji from the text and its reading in hiragana. Thank you in advance.

Yes, very serious since I'm working and studying so this would really mean a lot at the moment, thanks for trying to help.

If you can't keep up with the class and do the assigned material in the prescribed manner and time, you're supposed to fail the class,

How friendly we are here.

Unfriendly for refusing to help you cheat your way through school by doing your homework for you? We're awful. You've never participated here at all except to ask us to do your work for you. How friendly is that?

Why not do what the students like you did at my university? Don't do the work; don't learn the material; flunk the course; then go to the teacher's house and squall like a baby until the teacher changes your grade to a "B".

how friendly we are here.
あなたのためを思うのが真の友であるなら、正にみんな 友達想い。
grin.gif

前回甘やかされ過ぎたから味しめて再訪しちゃったんで しょ?

If you use the program 'KanjiTomo' you can mouse over your words and it will try to recognize them and look them up in EDICT (the definitions file from wwwjdic). That may save you some effort with lookups.
KanjiTomo - OCR Program for Japanese text

You could also OCR the whole file the traditional way with some other programs, but I feel that would only take more effort to correct than it would save by giving you a digital file.

I tried download this one hoping for something better than search by radical and all that I got is disappointed. The Kanjis appear in the software is completely different from the one in the image.

EDIT: It works smoothly now. It seems you have to turn on the Automatic OCR option. Can't believe someone could make a wonderful program like this. Thank you for sharing dude! :D

あなたのためを思うのが真の友であるなら、正にみんな友達想い。 :D

メタ 投稿ですけど

とりとりの書き込みについて

「あなたのためを思うのが真の友であるなら、正にみんな 友達想い

友達想いって、どういう意味。「みんなを友達とするのです」という意味ですか

Back
Top Bottom