What's new

Hoaxer gets busted

den4

先輩
15 Nov 2002
Although this is a news item, I thought it was funny enough to warrant in the humor category of idiots...Darwin awards wannabe candidate....

Prank on Aussie girl blows up in hoax bomber's face

A man who posted a message on the Internet threatening to blow up JR Tokyo Station because an Australian woman refused to teach him English was arrested Tuesday, police said.

Akihiro Yoshida, a 26-year-old unemployed man from Showa-ku, Nagoya, has admitted to posting the bomb hoax under the Australian woman's name.

"The woman refused to give me English lessons," officers quoted Yoshida as saying. "I was out to get some revenge."

Yoshida logged on to one of Japan's biggest Internet chat sites, Channel 2, from a computer at a public facility in Nagoya several days before the House of Representatives elections in November last year.

Using the name of the Australian woman, Yoshida wrote on the site's message board, "I'm going to blow up the Diet building on the day of the election, Nov. 9. I have also planted time bombs at the Tokyo Metropolitan Government hall and JR Tokyo Station."

Yoshida has been accused of disrupting business operations as the prank prompted East Japan Railway Co. to deploy extra employees at Tokyo Station. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, July 20, 2004)

Back
Top Bottom