What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Hiya, I'm Peter Rivard

privard

後輩
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I'm Peter Rivard. I'm 37, come from America (north of Boston), and have lived in Japan for about five and a half years now. I started out as a junior high school ALT on the JET program (3 years in Takefu-shi, Fukui-ken, which has become my furusato). Then I moved up to Fukui City to be the elementary school ALT--my job is half to teach kids, half teacher training. Fukui eventually hired four more elem. ALTs. I left the JET program but still do the same thing as an employee of the Fukui City BOE. I love the half of my job that involves dealing with kids, but I've learned a lot more about Japan from working with their teachers and fitting into a Japanese municipal government.

Glenn

一切皆苦
Reaction score
Hi, Peter. Welcome aboard! I lived in Boston for four and a half years, up until 2002. Where exactly are you from around there?

It sounds like you have a good job that you enjoy. That's great! I hope to have the same some day. Well, enjoy yourself here!

Tokis-Phoenix

先輩
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum peter, im sure you'll find loads of topics and people that interest you here 🙂 !

S

suirai

Howdy Peter! Welcome to our little corner of the Net!!

I hear a nor'easter is over Boston or thereabouts right now, yes?

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum. Have fun:) 🙂
Good intro, nice to meet you

Mitsuo

The Great
Reaction score
Welcome to jref Privard. I hope you gain and share knowledge on this forum.

Later!

Honey Vanity

後輩
Reaction score
Welcome! Its always a pleasure to have someone whos spent alot of time in japan make their way to the forum! I look foreword to learning more from what you have to say!

Hope you have wonderfull time here!

Mars Man

先輩
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Greetings from the Japan Alps !! Nagano...where it may be a just slightly warmer today than where you are.

Welcome to the forum !! I do hope you will enjoy it with us all. Post when you can, and I'll see you 'round !! 🙂

Top Bottom