What's new

History of Painted Silk Figures WW2

prento1961

後輩
28 Oct 2012
I have in my possession three paintings on silk that are from WW2. Whilst I know some of the history, I do not fully understand the full history of Japanese Serviceman caring these paintings. I am fully conversant with the Japanese flag and the well wishes from family etc., and I understand the paintings, all of women may also be from a loved one.

They are beautiful paintings (I call them paintings as they are very colourful) although not sure what they are painted with, and would love to know a little more about the history behind serviceman caring these.

More than happy to post a photo if anyone wishes to see them.

Thanks in advance.

Brett

Hi, Brett 🙂

Please, post pictures. It should be very interesting.

20121028_095553.jpg
20121028_095620.jpg
20121028_095630.jpg

ewww ... I am so sorry, I am not an expert, but second one looks like prehistoric hentai.
How much did You pay for that?

ewww ... I am so sorry, I am not an expert, but second one looks like prehistoric hentai.

I shall do some research but the second one looks like it depicts them on a beach. Not some old form of hentai, lol.

I won't go into too much detail as these types of items may cause distress for others. The paintings are part of a collection from an Australian soldier in WW2. It included a signed Japanese flag. The artwork is very nice and yes there is a beach scene. They are very fragile with the silk showing signs of wear and fading. Small holes appearing and water stains here and there.

Back
Top Bottom