What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Hi hi!

Shizuka

後輩
Reaction score
Hajimemashite. 🙂

I am a 28 year old female and I am currently living in the U.S (I was born in the U.S. and lived in Canada for a time). I have been interested in Japan (language, culture, history and ettiquette) for many years and have finally decided to do something about it ;) (I was laid off, so now I have lots of free time 😊 ). I have not been to Japan yet, but I would very much like to go there.

I began teaching myself the language about a month ago and while looking for basic Japanese instruction on the web, found this site yesterday. I live in a remote rural area and there are no other Japanese speakers nearby, so sites like this are a godsend for me.

Thank you for creating and running this site. I've already learned a lot by reading the forums. 🙂

Dewa mata. 🙂

Twisted

That man in the corner
Reaction score
Hi Shizuka,

Welcome aboard.

I got laid off too a while ago, but i still don't have enough time to do all the things i want to do. :)

Good luck with your studies.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Shizuka, welcome aboard and thanks for your kind words! 🙂

NANGI

先輩
Reaction score
Konnichiwa Shizuka-san!

Welcome and Hajimemashite. Yoroshiku ne.🙂

NANGI

jeisan

Kongming
Reaction score
hiya shizuka and welcome. i live in a pretty rural part of the states as well, its hell on learning any foreign language... expect maybe spainish. anyway enjoy the boards and have fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom