What's new

Hi all,

takumi93

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm John and I'm new to the forum.

Located in Sydney, Australia. I'm planning to go solo and stay in Japan for 6 months starting from the 1st of October on a working holiday visa. Visited Tokyo and Osaka last year for 2 weeks and loved it so I'm coming back! Just wondering if there are events on here where members meet up and hang out? Would love to meet new people and make friends. I'll shout the first round of drinks?

mdchachi

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome. This is a great place to converse & learn about Japan but no meetups to speak of. For that you should keep on eye on the regional sites & forums. Like Tokyo Timeout or metropolisjapan.com.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
We had annual meet-ups for a few years, but the last one failed to materialize when our host suggested that it would be nice if people would kick in a few bucks to cover the cost of the food and drinks rather than leaving him to foot the bill all by himself as had been the custom until then.

He afterwards died, although no causal link should be inferred.

MeshaMeesh

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm John and I'm new to the forum.

Located in Sydney, Australia. I'm planning to go solo and stay in Japan for 6 months starting from the 1st of October on a working holiday visa. Visited Tokyo and Osaka last year for 2 weeks and loved it so I'm coming back! Just wondering if there are events on here where members meet up and hang out? Would love to meet new people and make friends. I'll shout the first round of drinks?
Sounds like such fun!
What is Australia like?

OoTmaster

先輩
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are events on here where members meet up and hang out? Would love to meet new people and make friends. I'll shout the first round of drinks?
Maybe you could start a new thread in the member lounge to see if anyone would be interested in starting something like that. Not sure how many members we have that live in Japan.