What's new

Hi All

Adz

後輩
21 Nov 2010
Hi all I,m an aussie guy looking to move to japan due to a breakup with my japanese wife and having 2 kids together.Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.
I will need to be located close to yokohama and what to find work as a carpenter as that is my trade.

Thanks Adz

Falling all around and just asking to be picked up, the leaves of another year clutter our place of fun. In such dampened spirits, I nevertheless can find some clear space from which to send you my greetings from away up here on the roof of Japan.

While your post here is more of a plea than a greeting, I extend my welcome to you as you have at least made it this far. If there are any here who can be of service to your needs for information, they may come forward--no promises that there are such here...I personally do not know. Interestingly I knew of another bloke from down under who had wife problems--and who shut him out on the kids. They were here already though, so while it was hard for a while, things seem to have gotten a bit better over time.

All I can do is wish you the best for what you have cut out ahead. Good luck and fair dinkum to you !!

Hi all I,m an aussie guy looking to move to japan due to a breakup with my japanese wife and having 2 kids together.Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.
I will need to be located close to yokohama and what to find work as a carpenter as that is my trade.
Thanks Adz

If you have a college degree your best bet would be to come here and at least initially work as an English teacher, as that would be the easiest way to get yourself a work visa and get established here.

Just curious why do you need to come to Japan having broke up with your wife? Has she come back here and taken your kids? Or have you decided Japan would be the best place for your kids?

Hi thanks for replies and support.
I have not yet decided to move to Japan and she has not left with kids but I want to cover my bases in case she does leave and takes kids.
As far as I know Australia does not have any repatriation agreements with Japan so if she took them it would be a long process to get them back and I would be up against Japanese legal system and would need to live there to contest properly.
I really hope it doesn,t get to this but would rather be prepared as I have heard some horror stories regarding kids and seperated parents in Japan.

As has been pointed out in the past (and I doubt things have changed THAT much [maybe a little, but....]) it'd be next to impossible to do anything here inspite of the legal system, because that's the law here. Prying kids away from a Japanese National woman by a non-Japanese man (regardless of being the biological father), if she is dead-set against it, is like trying to get a bone from a junkyard dog which you have come up against for the first time (the dog doesn't know you, and you don't know it).

Back
Top Bottom