What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Hey everyone!

hennagaijin

後輩
Reaction score
Well well.. I've never been good with these :eek:

But to tell you something about myself:

I'm 16 years old japan freak from finland, been really interested about japan since I was about 3, at least according to my mom, my own memories of that time a are a bit fuzzy :p

Even tho I've been interested in Japan for quite a long time, I've been a bit lazy about trying to study the language... but in the last few months I realized that I really need to do something about that, so I'm starting my japanese lessons next september (can't wait!). This "learn japanese with dictionary" was starting to get bit hard anyway :p (yea I know, that way is no good).

My interest on japan got started when I saw my first anime... so I could say that at the beginning the only thing I knew about japan was that it's the country that provides lots of anime, and I loved it. Then when I got a little bit older, I started to get interested about the culture, and now, the culture is the main reason why I like japan... anime's still high on my list too :D

Well... that's all I can think of now.
I sure hope to learn new things about Japan from here, since I still have LOTS of things to learn due to my young age :)

(Must say this: Sorry about my "not-so-good" english, I hope you understand..)

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Hi hennagaijin, welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy your stay! 🙂

NANGI

先輩
Reaction score
Konnichiwa Hennagaijin-san!

Welcome and Hajimemashite. Are you Hennagaijin? strange foreigner? Hahaha... it's me too.:D
If you wish learn Japanese, please post on Nihongo Cabinet Forum in Japanese. Writing Japanese is a shortcut to learn Japanese.

Yoroshiku ne.🙂

NANGI

jeisan

Kongming
Reaction score
welcome to the board hennagaijin, dont worry about your english its very good

hennagaijin

後輩
Reaction score
Originally posted by NANGI
Are you Hennagaijin? strange foreigner?

hehe, I quess I am... I find it quite funny, the way I got this name ;)

My parents have a friend who is from japan, hes been living in finland for many many years tho... Well that friend got married (with a japanese woman) and invited us for a dinner there.
His wife didn't know much finnish, and then at the dinnertable I must have said something he found weird or funny, since he started laughin (not loudly) and said "hennagaijin", I didn't know what that meaned, but right after she said it his husband started to laugh a bit too ;)
So I got curious and asked what hennagaijin means, and the man told me that it ment "weird foreigner", that's how I got my name
👏

Iron Chef

Villain
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome 👏

I'm sure you'll find a great many things in common to discuss with fellow enthusiasts. Enjoy your stay.
🙂

Top Bottom