What's new

Hey everyone, I'm the new guy.

fsuman110

先輩
26 Jan 2004
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.

My name is Matt and I live in Tallahassee, Florida. I go to FSU where I am studying Secondary English Education/Multi-Lingual & Multi-Cultural Education and minoring in good ol' Nihongo. I've been interested in Japan for about 4 years now. Like many of you, my initial interests started in anime and video games, but has since spread to food, history, economics, politics, and culture in general. I still love anime and video games though. I joined the Japanese Student Association at FSU and eventually became an advisory board member. I've also spent about six months in Japan on an intensive language program and have been back once for vacation.

I guess that's good for now, sorry if it's too long. I am really looking forward to posting here and meeting some new people, as well as increasing and sharing my knowledge of all things Japanese.

Ima kara, yoroshiku onegaishimasu:)

Welcome aboard, Matt! 🙂

Sorry my welcome comes after posting replies to you about Mochiko! ;)

:D Yeah, I meant to tell him I liked his sig too.

I punched my Atari and broke it when I was only 8 years old. I was on the very last level of Frogger when I accidentally jumped in the water with my last man. Oh, it still makes me mad... :angryfire

thanks everyone, i'm glad you like my sig. anyways, i've done some exploring on this site and i must say i think i'll be spending a lot of time here. i've seen other japan-related message boards, such as the one on gamefaqs. but everyone there seems to have a very elitist attitude, which could turn some people off to japanese culture. this site doesn't seem to be like that at all. maybe it has something to do with all the cute smileys you can choose from.

anyways, thanks for replying and i look forward to talking with each one of you soon.

Konnichiwa, Matt! I used to date an attorney who went to FSU, and I have a friend who just got accepted into the FSU Creative Writing program for this Fall. Welcome aboard!! Glad you found us!

Back
Top Bottom