What's new

Help!

neofusion

先輩
31 May 2004
I NEED TO START LEARNING JAPANESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok... sorry a lil too drastic there. well ive been wanting to learn japanese sooooooo badly. i keep getting sites that are for the experenced. i dont know japanese at all. i would love some one to chat with that knows japanese that would help me! please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neofusion said:
I NEED TO START LEARNING JAPANESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok... sorry a lil too drastic there. well ive been wanting to learn japanese sooooooo badly. i keep getting sites that are for the experenced. i dont know japanese at all. i would love some one to chat with that knows japanese that would help me! please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a book. No really, if you want to learn Japanese and particularly if you want to learn how to read and write Japanese you are looking at several years of study. You wouldn't try to get a degree in Physics without buying a few text books so it's silly to try to rely solely on free online sites to do something which is about the same difficulty.

Yup PaulTB's right. I'd recommend "Pimsleur japanese" or maybe "linguaphone japanese" butI'm not sure for this one since I haven't tried it (actually it's my cousin in hong kong who's using this one)

Get a book, memorize your katakana and hiragana, then practice, then practice, then get you some more books, and begin to learn grammar and sentences, then work on pronunciation, then after you master learn your kanji. And find some friends to practice with

A decent text book for beginners is "Japanese for Busy People". Get the kana version and bear in mind that you will probably need to buy at least a J-E dictionary at some point as well.

Back
Top Bottom