What's new

Help with translation

MudraSova

Registered
1 Dec 2017
Hi guys! I have gotten this book called 現代日本語文法 for learning Japanese grammar.
Anyway, I have few sentences which are directions for the grammar, which I don't understand. So could anyone, please translate them for me? :)
1. 着点とは
事物の存在する位置が変化する移動を伴う動作において、その移動が終わる位置を着点という。具体的な空間移動ではなく、事物の状態が時間的経過の末に変化する場合も、その変化後の状態は状態変化の到達点であり、着点の一種である。着点は主として「に」によって表される。

2.「に」
「に」は、着点を表すもっとも基本的な格助詞である。「に」の着点としての意味には移動の着点と変化の結果がある

3. 到達点
事物がある位置から別の位置へと移動するとき、移動先を到達点という。述語が「行く」「来る」「着く」「入る」「落ちる」「向かう」などの位置変化を表す自動詞である場合「に」は主体の移動の到達点を表す。

Translation requests: please read first! | Japan Forum

Give us your translation first, or at least tell us what part you don't get instead of just asking us to translate the whole paragraph.
Aha, ok. I am very sorry. I did not know this rule. Ok. This is how I understood it:
1. 着点とは The place of some sort of change? I am not sure if they are meaning like a start point of something?
Now the sentences: The position where the thing is present changes to the point where the movement ends is considered the point if that change. The second sentence I just have no idea... I mean i get the words when I look at them seperatly, but when i try to make any sense of it, I can't. :emoji_frowning2:

The text basically explains that a 着点 is just that: an arrival-point, or in other words, a destination. It also mentions that such arrival points are typically marked with the に particle.

If you're still in the stage of learning such a basic concept, then it may indeed be too early to be trying to read all-Japanese textbooks.

Aha, ok. I am very sorry. I did not know this rule. Ok. This is how I understood it:
1. The place of some sort of change? I am not sure if they are meaning like a start point of something?
Now the sentences: The position where the thing is present changes to the point where the movement ends is considered the point if that change. The second sentence I just have no idea... I mean i get the words when I look at them seperatly, but when i try to make any sense of it, I can't. :emoji_frowning2:
The text basically explains that a 着点 is just that: an arrival-point, or in other words, a destination. It also mentions that such arrival points are typically marked with the に particle.

If you're still in the stage of learning such a basic concept, then it may indeed be too early to be trying to read all-Japanese textbooks.
Yeah.. I thought I might understand it. Ok, thank you so much. I will stick to the english terms for now. Have a lovely day! <3

Back
Top Bottom