What's new

Help with translation

Based on everything the OP has written, I think his family may be from the 駄法螺 branch of the Murakami clan.

Based on everything the OP has written, I think his family may be from the 駄法螺 branch of the Murakami clan.

I think his grandfather was MacArthur's Chief of Staff and was introduced to his grandmother by the Crown Prince at a tea ceremony. He had to propose or commit sudoku.

Sorry Mike Cash, I know it must be aggravating seeing another post like this, that someone thinks there family is some high class in Japan. I honestly don't care what class they are, some of the heirlooms past down to me might be better to be back in Japan with family.
I was given up for adoption by my mother when I was 3mo. old without my fathers consent while he was gone in Coast Guard. After nearly 40 years, I have found my father and am learning about my Japanese heritage.
My Father is very honorable man and has no reason to lie to me. He has showed me pictures of my great grandfathers funeral, pictures of the housing they lived in on military base and pictures of family property in Japan.
When I get a name or some better info I'll be back with a few more questions instead of trying to guess at this stamp.
Thanks for everyone's help.

My Father is very honorable man and has no reason to lie to me.

I was once very indignantly told the exact same thing by a young woman whose father told her the Japanese use snake p!ss for salad dressing.

崗囗

Not sure about the kanji in red. I have no idea what the second-from the left kanji should be.
I don't know what the phrase is. My search engine skills are failing me.

崗囗

Not sure about the kanji in red. I have no idea what the second-from the left kanji should be.
I don't know what the phrase is. My search engine skills are failing me.

Toritoribe-san has already posted 鳳立高崗, which looks correct, I think. I certainly agree with the two of you on 立.

↑ Whooops, completely missed that. Well, I'm glad I got 3/4 right.
The kanji 鳳 means a mythical phoenix-like bird, or it is sometimes used for Chinese rooster (again, mythological), so maybe the bird is this Chinese rooster.

Edit: OK, now I see that Toritoribe-san has the whole thing sorted out.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Back
Top Bottom