What's new

Help with translation...

Avesh

後輩
9 Aug 2004
Hi guys,
My name (believe it or not) is Avesh, I have a very good friend who's just shifted to Japan for a year. Anyway, she's started sending me the odd sentence or two in Japanese, I understand some, but not a heck of a lot. If you guys could help with some of the translations I'd be most appreciative. Thanks.

-Avesh.
Anyway, this is the first, often I think she sends things in 'not quite' Roomaji.

saijin no Ohimesama wa watashi.yo. makasete

Avesh said:
My name (believe it or not) is Avesh
I believe you.
Avesh said:
I have a very good friend who's just shifted to Japan for a year. Anyway, she's started sending me the odd sentence or two in Japanese, I understand some, but not a heck of a lot. If you guys could help with some of the translations I'd be most appreciative. Thanks.

Anyway, this is the first, often I think she sends things in 'not quite' Roomaji.

saijin no Ohimesama wa watashi.yo. makasete

Hmm, I guess
才人のお姫様はわたしよ。まかせて。

I'm the Royal Princess of all experts! Leave it to me.

[EDIT]Incidently there's nothing up with the romaji - excepting that it is romaji. :p

That does indeed sound like something she might say, muchos tres grande gracias senor (Just to show that I'm incompetent in a variety of languages).
Of course, now I need to send out a snappy reply. On the off-chance...well to be honest, the very real chance that I'd like help translating things INTO Japanese, would this be the place to post it?

-Avesh.

Avesh said:
That does indeed sound like something she might say, muchos tres grande gracias senor (Just to show that I'm incompetent ina variety of languages).
Of course, now I need to send out a snappy reply. On the off-chance...well to be honest, the very real chance that I'd like help translating things INTO Japanese, would this be the place to post it?

-Avesh.

偉そうに何言ってんだ (Erasou ni nani itten da)

Uh-huh....you have to realise that I can't send stuff out which *I* don't understand...hate to be a pain, but could I get an english version of that please mikecash..not that I don't trust you, because I do, but just so I know for future reference...
Thanks.
-Avesh.

Avesh said:
Uh-huh....you have to realise that I can't send stuff out which *I* don't understand...hate to be a pain, but could I get an english version of that please mikecash..not that I don't trust you, because I do, but just so I know for future reference...
Thanks.
-Avesh.

I'll let Paul do it. He'll have more fun with it than I would.

mikecash said:
I'll let Paul do it. He'll have more fun with it than I would.
Why you're so gracious, Mike. :eek:

偉そうに何言ってんだ

"Is madame perchance a little presumptive?"

Now find somebody to translate that back so Mike knows what I've just said. :D

All translations contained in this post should be taken with 100mg of sodium chloride.

PaulTB said:
Why you're so gracious, Mike. :eek:

偉そうに何言ってんだ

"Is madame perchance a little presumptive?"

Now find somebody to translate that back so Mike knows what I've just said. :D

All translations contained in this post should be taken with 100mg of sodium chloride.

Does that mean something like "Don't take that tone with me, beyotch!" ?

mikecash said:
Does that mean something like "Don't take that tone with me, beyotch!" ?
Give or take several class layers and a bunch'o politeness levels - yes.

I have no class layers and only a single politeness level. Sosumi Areddi.

Ha-ha. 'Insufferable *****'...
I would say stuff but I'm kinda scared to you know, bite the hand that feeds me and and possibly get sabotaged later on down the line when I come begging and pleading for help. Out of curiosity do proverbs in English translate well into Japanese? Or do things get uh...Lost In Translation?

Avesh said:
Ha-ha. 'Insufferable *****'...
I would say stuff but I'm kinda scared to you know, bite the hand that feeds me and and possibly get sabotaged later on down the line when I come begging and pleading for help.
You don't want to be a miserable pleader? :D
I don't think it's quite as bad as Mike makes it out* - a lot depends on your relationship though.
Avesh said:
Out of curiosity do proverbs in English translate well into Japanese? Or do things get uh...Lost In Translation?
Some do, some don't.

Some can have more or less literal translations and some are best matched to Japanese sayings with similar meaning while some are probably hopeless.

* Although biyotch isn't really firmly in my vocabulary 😌

Ok, something unrelated, but can I ask what 'reputation' points are??

*cough*
"reputation points-wa nan desu-ka"
Is that close...ish? 😊

Avesh said:
Ok, something unrelated, but can I ask what 'reputation' points are??

*cough*
"reputation points-wa nan desu-ka"
Is that close...ish? 😊
It's some gimmicky forum system that's supposed to show how 'nice' you are but generally just reflects how many posts you've made. It's the reason I've got three green balls (no jokes please). Any post you like / don't like you can click the little weighing scales icon and vote 'approve / disapprove' with some (optional) comment.

This is all in the FAQ though so I could negative rep vote you just for not checking. :D

(I won't though).

Yeah, you know, I was pretty darn sure it would be in the FAQ, but um..I was lazy "Sosumi" (I'll plead later..). I'll make you a deal, you don't inflict damage to my one green ball and I won't make any jibes about your three balls...I'm thinking there's a mathematical solution to the odd ball to ball ratio here.

Back
Top Bottom