What's new

Help with translation for this sentence

letianchen

先輩
17 Jun 2013
Listening to a conversation between two girls, one is talking about the guy she likes then she says this
A:そうねもしイヤじゃないなら My understanding is " Well if thats no good .."
b:一度 相手の好きなように " Once more you can like him like a partner/lover?"
A:やらせてみるのも一つの手よ No clue what that sentence really means
B: え~ッ Ehhh?!

Third sentence and second are kind of confusing to me

From the context of the conversation, this is what they're saying:
A: That's true. I guess if it's not bad...
B: Once your partner gets his own way...
A: One option would be to let him try it.
B: WHAAAA?

It makes me curious as to what her partner wants to do. xD
好きなように means 'to do as one please/likes'
やらせてみる means 'to let him/her try it' or 'to try and let him/her do it' I'm not entirely sure which way round that would be translated as.
も一つの手 means 'one option/one way'

Listening to a conversation between two girls, one is talking about the guy she likes then she says this
A:そうねもしイヤじゃないなら My understanding is " Well if thats no good .."
b:一度 相手の好きなように " Once more you can like him like a partner/lover?"
A:やらせてみるのも一つの手よ No clue what that sentence really means
B: え~ッ Ehhh?!

Third sentence and second are kind of confusing to me
I only see one sentence from the four lines combined. How could there be "second" or "third"?
The first three lines constitute a sentence and the fourth is just an exclamation. Are you sure that the second line was said by a different person than the one that said the first and third lines??

「そうねもしイヤじゃないなら一度相手の好きなようにやらせてみるのも一つの手よ。」 is a very natural-sounding sentence, meaning:
"Well, if it were ok with you, one way to handle it would be to let him/her do whatever s/he wanted to do once."

Haha, masaegu makes a good point. That sounds far more natural unless they're constantly tailing off their sentences for some reason.

OP, you sure keep asking new questions without acknowledging others' replies. I'll never reply again.

No offence given, however I didnt see any of the messages after the first one, as it did not appear on my email. Don't take it personally. I understand what the sentence is conveying. Also I thought it was a couple sentences as it sounded like one, but I guess I was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom