What's new

Help with the lingo

B.16siR

後輩
27 Jan 2004
sup GUYS!

I think I double posted but, whatever, anyway i cant read or write speak japanese, so I'm counting on you guys to help me out, please, well, my roommate went on a website and tried downloading a racing movie, but cant because of this password, there's a riddle or something to solve in order to download it, so here it is...."ダウンロードするには、左クリックで、ユーザ名に今年の干支を半角英字(小文字)で
パスワードは、今年の西暦を入れて下さい。" ya, that is it, so plz if you can us out that would be wonderful, thank ya!

Hmm, slightly tricky.
"To download left click and enter as the User name this year's [Chinese astrological year?] in half-width English characters, for the password please enter this year in Western form."

So, password : 2004 (assuming they've updated)
username : ? I'm not sure what they want here. For that matter I don't know what this year is the year of :p

[Edit] Aha, it's year of the monkey. So 'saru' if it's text or 9 if its '9th year of the cycle'.

Oh, what's a FOB ?

well its about 5-6 days into year of the monkey though if they havent updated it would be sheep/goat/ram whichever they call it.
id say half-width = lowercase

Originally posted by jeisan
well its about 5-6 days into year of the monkey though if they havent updated it would be sheep/goat/ram whichever they call it.
id say half-width = lowercase
Half-width doesn't equal lower case. half-width is 'saru' as opposed to 'saru'

ahh i see, was thinking it may be case sensitive. never heard the term half-width before or would have ever matched it up to normal writing as opposed to spacing between every character

Originally posted by jeisan
[...]or would have ever matched it up to normal writing as opposed to spacing between every character
There isn't a space between each character, those are 'romaji' characters in a 'full-width' asian font. That's one of the 'gotcha!'s for Japanese text in computer programs / url's / searches etc.

1984 vs. 1984 etc.

Depending on the situation and SW used that can really stuff things up.

haha

well it worked thanks guys for the fast *** response

anyways, ya, fob= fresh of the boat something to call some1 that came from the east, you know those guys at church camp that play funky *** games while we laugh at them, or that guy that you were cool with in high school even though he didnt speak english and he did your homework, jk!!! yea...i was too a FOB...but....it was so long ago...*sad music plays* 😭

Back
Top Bottom