What's new

Help with Kanji Translation

Les

後輩
18 Mar 2013
My mother recently died and in an old photo album I came across a baby picture of myself. Under the picture was written something that appears to be Kanji. AS my mother did not know Kanji, maybe my father wrote it. Can anyone translate this for me?
Many thanks.
Les
Kanji.jpg

It is all katakana and appears to have been written by a foreigner. Unfortunately, I can't figure out what the heck it says. The first two lines (written right to left) say "Nihon no Leslie ha" and the other two lines seem to say "Baamudani" and "jotone" or "baa muda ni" and "jotone"....neither of which make sense.

It is all katakana and appears to have been written by a foreigner. Unfortunately, I can't figure out what the heck it says. The first two lines (written right to left) say "Nihon no Leslie ha" and the other two lines seem to say "Baamudani" and "jotone" or "baa muda ni" and "jotone"....neither of which make sense.

Thanks Mike,

I'm guessing my father must have written this, he was in Japan right after the war, and probably it is phonetic Japanese. My name is Leslie and I was born in 1945 in Bermuda. So the other two lines could say "Bermuda" and maybe the "ni" goes with the "jotone". Are there any words like "nijoto" or "nijo" or "tone"?

Les

He meant バミューダ instead of バームダ (Bermuda). But I'm afraid that last line is a mystery and without it, none of it really makes any sense. Is your father still with us?

He meant ニ弛ニ蓄ニ停?ヲツーニ胆 instead of ニ弛ツーニ停ぎニ胆 (Bermuda). But I'm afraid that last line is a mystery and without it, none of it really makes any sense. Is your father still with us?

No unfortunately not, he died 11years ago.

Les

Back
Top Bottom