What's new

Help with easy translation. Arigatou Gozaimasu!

japaneseeego

Registered
18 Mar 2016
"I wanted to give this to you before I left.
(and)
I wanted to see you and spend some time with you before I left."

In short, I met a Japanese girl through a friend recently who spoke a bit of english and we spent some time together. We hung out at a restaurant and she left her lipstick on the table after leaving. However she only comes to the area I am for her work once a week (i'm on vacation) and I leave the week after next and she said we could meet before I left. I wanted to make a cute gesture and flatter her by giving her lipstick back and saying it Japanese when we saw each other next. If you could type it like 'ah-ree gah-toh go-sigh-mas' (arigatou gozaimasu) would be appreciated so I can pronounce it correctly and since google translate doesn't translate hiranga/katakana very well.
And if you think there's anything else nice I could say on top of it to flatter even more would be awesome too :)
Thanks!

kaeru mae ni kaeshitakakute, shibaraku hanashitari shitakatta no desu.
かえるまえに かえしたくて しばらく はなしたり したかった の です
I wanted to return (this) and talk (etc) with you for a while before you go back.

It's difficult for me to write phonetically like you are asking. Plug in the above into Google or iPhone or something and have it read it out.
Or try doing the real-time Google voice-translation with her. She'd probably get a kick out of it. That's where you can throw in the extra flattering (or creepy) stuff.

"I wanted to give this to you before I left.
(and)
I wanted to see you and spend some time with you before I left."

In short, I met a Japanese girl through a friend recently who spoke a bit of english and we spent some time together. We hung out at a restaurant and she left her lipstick on the table after leaving. However she only comes to the area I am for her work once a week (i'm on vacation) and I leave the week after next and she said we could meet before I left. I wanted to make a cute gesture and flatter her by giving her lipstick back and saying it Japanese when we saw each other next. If you could type it like 'ah-ree gah-toh go-sigh-mas' (arigatou gozaimasu) would be appreciated so I can pronounce it correctly and since google translate doesn't translate hiranga/katakana very well.
And if you think there's anything else nice I could say on top of it to flatter even more would be awesome too :)
Thanks!
my attempt
帰る前にこれ返したかったのもあるけど、もう一度会いたかったからね。

You can hear Google Translate read this sentence out loud by clicking the speaker icon in the page linked below, but actually the pitch accent is rather odd.
Google 翻訳

Back
Top Bottom