What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Help with divorce

fly

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can give me some advice, very difficult times for me right now....

Im not Japanese, but married to a Japanese woman, and have a 2 year old child and living in Japan. We are in the process of a divorce, and she is treating me very badly ( i wont go into to full details now, unless someones wants to know more) The most troubling thing is, she and her family are in a cult and now my child by association. I know as a man and a foreigner i dont have much power here, as in getting custody of my child. So im wondering if anyone has advice for me. I dont have much help here and kinda stuck....
thank you for listening.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I’m very sorry about the difficult situation you are currently facing. What sort of advice are you looking for? Do you have any legal counsel?

There are organisations that offer free legal consultations:

fly

Registered
Reaction score
i will try to get some legal counsel, im not really sure what kind of advice im looking for on here....just really depressed at the moment...felt like i needed to post this....

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
I would definitely seek legal advice to understand your rights.

Are you still living with your spouse? Were you aware of their cult membership when you decided to marry?

Top Bottom