What's new

Help with answering Japanese sentences in negative form

Keeen

Registered
4 Mar 2015
Guys can you please check if my negative form sentence in japanese is correct. I will write down the question and then the answer below it. I am doing a self study on nihongo and I am not sure if I am doing it correctly.

Thanks

question 1. Daigaku no benkyouwa, muzakashi desuka?

my answer.
iiye daigaku no benkyouwa. yasashii desu.

2. Ima, Rondon wa, samui desuka?
A. Iiye Rondon wa atsui desu

3. Rondon no chikatetsu wa, kirei desuka?
A.Rondon, no chikatetsu wa fushidara desu.

4 Nihonnou igawa, rondon de yuuidesuka.
A. Not sure how to answer this, can you help me answer this question...

Thanks, sorry if I cant write in japanese character I dont have it installed yet on my pc.

Thanks

Guys can you please check if my negative form sentence in japanese is correct. I will write down the question and then the answer below it. I am doing a self study on nihongo and I am not sure if I am doing it correctly.

Thanks

question 1. Daigaku no benkyouwa, muzakashi desuka?

my answer.
iiye daigaku no benkyouwa. yasashii desu.

2. Ima, Rondon wa, samui desuka?
A. Iiye Rondon wa atsui desu

3. Rondon no chikatetsu wa, kirei desuka?
A.Rondon, no chikatetsu wa fushidara desu.

4 Nihonnou igawa, rondon de yuuidesuka.
A. Not sure how to answer this, can you help me answer this question...

Thanks, sorry if I cant write in japanese character I dont have it installed yet on my pc.

Thanks
Guys here are the question I am trying to answer.

upload_2015-3-4_13-23-19.png

Has your textbook just taught you how to make adjectives into negatives? (i.e. あつい → あつくない ). Because I suspect that's the pattern they want you to practice, not just finding opposites for those adjectives.

Yea, that's how they are teaching it for now. Hence why my answers are like that... are they right though for my question in number 1?

Your first two are fine if they genuinely wanted you to answer with a different adjective rather than conjugating. I'm just surprised if that's the case.

ふしだら is not a good choice of word for the third. To say "dirty" here I would use something like きたない. Stick to words listed in the textbook, or be more careful about picking words out of the dictionary.

For the last, re-read the question carefully; your romaji transcription has several mistakes. This question, more than any of the others, is what made me think they wanted you to make negative forms of the adjectives rather than switch in new adjectives - it's trivially answered by making ゆうめい into the negative form, tricky to give a natural answer otherwise.

Yea, that's how they are teaching it for now. Hence why my answers are like that... are they right though for my question in number 1?
The question clearly says "When you give a negative answer, don't forget to include the negative pattern in your answer", thus, all your answers are wrong since you didn't include the negative forms.

Although it's good practice in forming full sentences, it's more natural to drop the subject in your answers.
ex:
にほんのみちはひろいですか。
いいえ、ひろくないです。

Also, you seem to be injecting commas haphazardly into your romaji. Always put a comma after いいえ, and get rid of the one after ロンドン in #3

Back
Top Bottom