What's new

Help with an image translation?

Barkly

Registered
10 Apr 2017
Hello!
I have a small translation issue. It's not of great importance, but it is a bit of a hang up in a project I'm working on. If anybody can spare the time to help me it would be much appreciated!

The big problem is that the image comes from a video game, and the game has its own 'language', which is really just Japanese using made up symbols. (I have looked to see if anyone has already translated this text, but oddly I haven't found anyone who has...?)
I have a key to translating the symbols into Japanese characters. But it's hard to make out exactly what the symbols are because the image is so small. And it is also difficult for me to guess what they are because I have almost no knowledge of the Japanese language.

I'll post the image I'm working from and the key below.
To be clear, I know what the large text says (LonLon Milk), it is the small banner below the cow's head that I'm having trouble with. And what I really need is confirmation of what the symbols in the image are (which I'm hoping can be determined through an accurate translation) so that I can recreate the image with the correct ones.
My current best guess at the symbols gives me: ke_n_ko_u_te_ra_ha_n_a
Google translate can't make anything of it, so either that's wrong or google translate is just not up to the task. (probably both) I can see a few other possibilities for some of the symbols, and that last symbol might be an exclamation point. (but I don't think any form of punctuation appears in the rest of the game, so I don't know)
Does this look like anything to someone that knows the language?

Thanks, and I hope I'm not being a pain. I've just really reached the end of my rope trying to figure this out alone!

Attachments

• temp_milklabel.png
    temp_milklabel.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 197
  • temp_HylianSyllabary.png
    temp_HylianSyllabary.png
    31 KB · Views: 212
My guess is
ke n ko u i chi ha n !
where the ha is intended to be read as ba.

This produces in Japanese
けんこう いちばん!
健康 一番!

Yeah, "Notes" on the lower right corner of the second picture says "/h/ = /h/, /p/ and /b/", so "ha" represents "ba" there.

Ah! Thank you so much!
Something to do with... number one most healthy? That sounds about right.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom