What's new

Help with a short sentence

Razahia

先輩
7 Jun 2013
(forgive me as my kanji is horrid.)

通ち に 達ましょう

Shouldn't the 達 be after 通 and not near ましょう?

Thanks

Neither 通ちに達ましょう nor 通達ちにましょう makes sense. I suppose the first kanji must be ちに[ただちに]. (直ちに通りましょう or 直ちに通しましょう, maybe?)

Neither 通ちに達 nor 通達ちにましょう makes sense. I suppose the first kanji must be ちに[ただちに]. (直ちに通りましょう or 直ちに通しましょう, maybe?)

All I know is the sentence is supposed to be translated to Let's go to the street. However anything else is a mystery.

Then, where did you get the Japanese sentence?

I got it from Human Japanese. It was written in Hiragana as みち に たちましょう. I decided to see if those two kanji worked as it but I just realized I used the wrong kanji for Michi =p. It's 道 and I used 達 as the plural but it's obviously wrong.

...You SHOULD give us the hiragana sentence, and tell us that you want to know if the kanji you chose is correct or not.

道に立ちましょう is the correct kanji, but it means "Let's stand on the street", not "Let's go to the street".

...You SHOULD give us the hiragana sentence, and tell us that you want to know if the kanji you chose is correct or not.
道に立ちましょう is the correct kanji, but it means "Let's stand on the street", not "Let's go to the street".

Ah ok. The question I meant though is why 立ち is not in front of 道

Why do you think the verb 立ち should be put preceding the target/location 道?

This isn't Chinese or English.

我們馬路
Let's stand in the street.
立ちましょう

Sorry, just wanted to do that.

Back
Top Bottom