What's new

Help Translating / Completing 3 short messages

Dulce

Registered
14 Dec 2015
Greetings,

I've been trying to piece together some poor quality but still legible images of some text that was deleted from a game for a project that I'm working on.
Since I know very little about the language thus far, I've only been doing visual match-up using the character chart attached in this post.

A few notes for my attempts below:
- Some characters may have been misidentified
- Underscore means it is an unidentified character (no dakuten)
- Underscore followed by a double quote means it is an unidentified character (with dakuten)
- words can run on into succeeding lines

1. Context: an introduction to a castle
このちしう_ てんじ_い
せんようで_。
いういう___い_
つ__"ってい__で

_きちと_"__ __いて
_"う_しんて ください。

2. Context: an introduction to a fiery stage
_ぎにいく_ _だ_た
いく__ _____じ_う
cボタン_う_くつ_って
しんちょうに はやく!

3. Context: an introduction to a snowy mountain
__"_ てんじ_い_と_
_だり_ __た とぎこ
んでみるといいです。
_っごく きもちいいです

Let me know if you need any further info than what is provided here.
All efforts, corrections, and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Dulce

Attachments

• original_messages.png
    original_messages.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 228
  • character_chart_named.png
    character_chart_named.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 165
Those are legible?!?!

If this is a legitimate project you're working on then surely someone on the team has the original text somewhere. Are you hacking a game?

Those are legible?!?!

If this is a legitimate project you're working on then surely someone on the team has the original text somewhere. Are you hacking a game?
Oh no, not my game. The images are from a demo of a game that was shown at a trade show event, and that's all I've got of any text from it at that point in development. I'm just trying to find out what the story might've been about at that point, if there was one and what these messages were talking about.
Some parts are legible and I'm surprised that I was even able to identify any of the characters. Now the guesswork for completing the words and sentences, I don't know if that's possible.
But you see things like "C button" in message 2 and "きもちいいです" in the third one, which might say something about something being pleasant?
Sorry for the obscure quest, I just thought it was too interesting to not take a stab at. 👍

このむこうは てんぐかい
せんようです。
いろいろなせかいと
つながっているので
すきなとびらを ひらいて
ぼうけんして ください。

みぎにいくか ひだりに
いくかは あなたのじゆう
Cボタンをうまくつかって
しんちょうに はやく!

かぜを かんじたいひとは
ひだりの あなに とびこ
んでみるといいです。
すっごく きもちいいです

Ah, yes, it could be おしろ. :) (I read it also from the context.)
@ the OP, I'm a bit uncertain about てんぐかい.

Toritoribe, thanks for your interpretation, I believe is spot-on. Majestic's suggestion also fits perfectly, thank you.
I'm still seeing じ for the third character after the first space. Would "てんじかい" make any sense?

Back
Top Bottom