What's new

Help translating a few sentences from English into Japanese?

Ella4ell

Registered
8 Oct 2014
Hi, I am giving a speech in a couple days to a bunch of students from my school as well as a bunch of Japanese students that they will be visiting our school for a couple days. Although I am learning Japanese and know quite a few of the words of what I want to say, I am having trouble putting those words into the correct grammatical sentences. I realize the Japanese people will probably be impressed with what I say either way, but I'd prefer not to say something that doesn't make much sense in front of the Japanese students and teachers. Therefore, I was wondering if someone could help me translate this into proper Japanese? Obviously the translation doesn't need to be the same word for word, it would be nice to have the same general meaning as this passage.

We are super excited to have you here, And hope you are all excited too. We hope everyone has a great time this weekend with their host families, makes some lifelong friends, and learns something new about our culture that you didn't know before. Students from Aomori, thank you for coming, and I hope you all have an amazing time this weekend and make some lasting memories that will stay with you forever. Please have a super fun time!

We usually ask people seeking "help" translating something to show us their best effort at doing it themselves. It helps distinguish those who want help doing something and those who merely want someone else to do their work for them.

Oh sorry! I was not aware of that. Now I know I took a while in replying, but I tried my best to come up with a rough translation myself. If it isn't too much of a problem, would anyone be willing to review what I said? I know it doesn't follow what I said originally in my message word for word, but I don't know how to express it, and I hope what I translated it too will have roughly the same meaning.

わたしたち は あなた が ここに いる しあわせ です。
この しゅまつ を たのしみに しています。
あたらし something ならいて ください。あたらし ともだち も つくてください。
たのし おもいで を つくてください。ありがとごしました と ようこそ。

Thanks!

わたしたちはあなたたちがここにいてしあわせです。
このしゅうまつをたのしみにしていました。
あたらしいなにかをならってください。あたらしいともだちもつくってください。
たのしいおもいでをつくってください。ありがとうございました。(the name of your city/town)へようこそ。

my attempt
青森の皆さん、(the name of your city/town)へようこそ。
本日皆さんをここにお迎えできることをとても楽しみにしていました。