What's new

Help regarding japanese culture

jestado

後輩
26 May 2009
Greetings,

I'm a cultural anthropology student from Croatia and I'm searching for some japanese people to help me with my work. Basically, I need people of random ages that can tell me something about the culture - primarily about the way of living, music, pop culture in general, historical changes... etc.
This is just the overview. I don't need a lot of information, no worries. Nor do I need superbly informed people.
In the end, every help will be appreciated!

You can contact me on my PM or leave a post here : ).

If you're actually researching something, it would be easier if you had a specific question, rather than trying a vague catch-all "tell me something about anything."

Might also help to wait longer than 24 hours and to ask on a site where there are more Japanese.

If you're actually researching something, it would be easier if you had a specific question, rather than trying a vague catch-all "tell me something about anything."
As I said, it's just an overview of the themes. I'll ask direct questions when someone actually accepts the call. It can be any of the above mentioned parts of the culture. I'm sure there is someone that considers themselfs somewhat informed about it.
Might also help to wait longer than 24 hours and to ask on a site where there are more Japanese.
Do you know any good website?
You seem to be an American who's residing in Japan, that's also acceptable for me. Would you be willing to help?

Thanks for the replies!

You know to be honest, with the kind of thing your looking for wouldn't it be better to just use google? I mean practically every question about Japan has been asked/answered on the net and there are loads and loads of articles about practically all aspects of Japan too...

From Japan
Roger.
Ask me anything.
The thing which I know answers.
But I may have mistranslation because I am weak in English.😌
I show a site along the answer of your question if possible.

You know to be honest, with the kind of thing your looking for wouldn't it be better to just use google? I mean practically every question about Japan has been asked/answered on the net and there are loads and loads of articles about practically all aspects of Japan too...

I need a real person, that's kinda the point.

From Japan
Roger.
Ask me anything.
The thing which I know answers.
But I may have mistranslation because I am weak in English.
I show a site along the answer of your question if possible.

I'll contact you trough PM. Appreciated!

To jestado-san.🙂
Please show the question in this thread.
Because the Japanese except me looks at here, too,
I think that you can hear their opinion.
Now,
I got a question by a message,
I want time for an answer
Because I go out for work.😌

I think about the answer during work.:p

Question from jestado-san
1.What is the most important thing that you personally consider you need to say about the japanese culture?
2.What aspects do you think don't resemble and what of those do resemble those of Europe?
3.What role do honour and pride play in the Japan of today?
4.Did you notice any significant change in Japan throught last couple of years, or even decades?
5.What role does music play in everyday life?
6.How does music effect clothing?
7.Do you think Japanese people still honour their tradition after the high impact of technology and urban lifestyle?
8.Do you consider Japanese people to be highly different from the rest of the world, and why/how?

I am sorry that an answer is late.
Because some questions from jestado-san were too abstract, my understanding was insufficient. 😌
Answer
1.The characteristic of the Japanese culture is curiosity and research feeling
Japan always absorbs foreign culture,
Japan optimizes it in Japanese style.

2.I'm sorry.
The meaning of the question was not able to understand it enough.

3.In everyday life, there are not most of realizing honor and a pride.

The recent Japanese change,
Because net society, an information-oriented society, a distribution system progressed,
Life became comfortable.
I always realize progress.
As for the particularly recent change, air of Tokyo became clean.🙂

5.I listen to music in a train at the time of commuting.
Other than it, I listen to music by motorcycle touring.

6.I'm sorry.
The meaning of the question was not able to understand it enough.

7.Now , urban lifestyle does still honour their tradition culture more.
The traditional festival has more urban regions.
The demand for folkcrafts has more urban regions.
In addition, in the country, the succession of the traditional culture is difficult because population is washed away.
Even if technology is heightened while a Japanese finds value for traditional culture, the traditional culture does not become extinct.
On the contrary, the high technology helps the preservation of the Japanese culture.

8.No, I do not think so.

Back
Top Bottom