What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Help please with good luck flag

Excoalminer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all
Can some one tell me if this flag is fake (hope not), and I would appreciate it translated please . The red printed square is this a temple seal if so from which one. Thanks Neil
untitled 3.png
IMG_0672.JPG

Majestic

先輩
Reaction score
I don't know if its fake or not. Most of the writing around the red disk are names. There are one or two patriotic slogans among the names. The large vertical writing down the right side is 武運長久 (bu-un chōkyū) or "good luck in battle". The bit directly below that (宇賀神和平 - Ugajin Kazuhira) is a name, and it may be the recipient, however it is missing an honorific, which feels slightly strange to me. Ugajin is a fairly rare name, found in Tochigi. Among the names are two people whose last name is Wagai (和貝) which is a slightly unusual last name, also found in Tochigi Prefecture, so this may be an indication of where the flag originated. I can't read the red seal.

Excoalminer

Registered
Reaction score
It has been mentioned that the red seal is a happy new tear stamp faintly applied to look like a old seal stamp. Also one part of righting has been written on the reverse side. Could you tell me what the patriotic slogans say. Thank you for your help ….Neil..

Excoalminer

Registered
Reaction score
Can some one please confirm this is a genuine temple seal stamp on my Good luck flag, as it has been said that it is a happy new year stamp that makes the flag a fake. Appreciate your time. Regards Neil...
a.jpg
IMG_0672.JPG

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Reaction score
Also one part of righting has been written on the reverse side.
This is true. One patriotic slogan and three signatures at the upper right corner were written on the reverse side.

Top Bottom