What's new

Help on a question

klintar

後輩
22 May 2008
Hello i have a tough question. :(
Well let me start, My wife and i live in goverment housing and are doing well.
ok down to the point...
I work and my wife just started a new job. The problem is that we might make past the maximum lvl of pay to live here. so we where wondering is a divorce could let us stay so we can save for our own place....Now it wont be a divorceto end our life together just a legal ploy.. please offer some advice

I don't know much about government housing, but I do know that "legal ploys" have a way of biting you in the arse in the end. I would advise against it.

true, that was not the best way i should have put it, but that in then end is what it is really.

Could you post a relevant link with information about your housing? Is that possible? Japanese, of course is ok.

You don't have enough posts to post a link outright, though, so try leaving off the http:// part and see if that works.

With that information, we might be able to help you better with your options.

Seems like it wouldn't matter if you were married or divorced, as long as you both tried living in the same apartment together.

The concept you have come up with, in an effort to avoid further increments in living expenses, seems like the worst of a number of choices. I too, would strongly recommend against such a move.

However, we have no information about you and your spouse at all, at the moment. Are both you and your spouse non-Japanese nationals? How long have you lived here in Japan, if you are not, and how long has the one of you lived here, if one of you is a Japanese national?

I would sugguest working on plans to increase income, rather than save costs--that will surely give you more leverage in the long run.

my wife is japanese and we plan on saving as much as possible for our own place, just his place would make it easier to do so. that why we want to stay longer

I assume you're talking about either ナ陳ァ窶ーcツ住窶佚ョ (ken'ei juutaku) or ナスs窶督ッツ住窶佚ョ (shimin juutaku).

As Glenski mentioned, the level of income is the total income of the persons living together, so even if you two got divorced, as far as you are living together it won't change the situation.

横浜市
(You might be living in the different part of Kanagawa but I believe the basic terms should be almost the same.)

thanks that was very helpful. personaly i am at my wits end on this one... its a dilly of a pickle

It's possible that your income level is only an issue when you first apply for the housing. Judging by your opening post, I'd say that you met the requirements for application at said time, and that may be all that matters. Check your contract if you read Japanese or have your wife do so if you can't. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high, but it's a possibility.

After reading Mikawa Ossan's post, I checked with the site I've quoted.
In case of Yokohama shiei juutaku, the level of income becomes issue not only when newly applying but also after 3 years and 5 years.

窶愿シ窶ケツ焦津」窶堙娯?卍才?毒ス窶督坂ぎ
ツ(窶啜ツ)窶愿シ窶ケツ焦津」ツ、窶啌窶扼窶堙ーナ弛窶ーテ溪?堋オ窶堋スツ青「窶佚鯛?堙?、ナステサ窶愿シナ?テョツ鞘ぎ窶堙ー窶卍エ窶ーテ溪?堋オ窶堋スツ湘ェツ坂?。窶堙債、ツ住窶佚ョ窶堙娯?督セ窶從窶忤窶氾坂?ケ`窶督ア窶堋ェツ青カ窶堋カ窶堙懌?堋キツ。窶堙懌?堋スツ、窶啜窶扼窶堙ーナ弛窶ーテ溪?堋オ窶堋スツ青「窶佚鯛?堙?、ツ坂?塲?zツ焦?窶慊セナステ停?堙??戳窶凖ィ窶堋ウ窶堙ェ窶堋スツ湘ェツ坂?。窶堙債、ヒ?ェ窶凖ィ窶堙固?テコナ?テ披?愿?窶堙可住窶佚ョ窶堙ー窶督セ窶堋ッ窶從窶堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堋ス窶堋セ窶堋ォ窶堙懌?堋キツ。
横浜市

Anyway, I second Mikawa Ossan, you should check your contract with your wife.

I want to write a reply but instead will ask a question
Do you marry your wife to get the spousal visa?

I want to write a reply but instead will ask a question
Do you marry your wife to get the spousal visa?
No. You marry your wife because you love her and want to spend the rest of your life with her, if possible.

I hope I misunderstood your question for her sake if no one else's.

No. You marry your wife because you love her and want to spend the rest of your life with her, if possible.
I hope I misunderstood your question for her sake if no one else's.

Why it's a Moderator giving a reply to the question I asked the OP?

M.O., your opening statement holds water and you are standing on a moral high ground but your expression of hope begs an answer from the OP.

I'm sorry. Now that I reread your post, it is clear that I misunderstood it completely. Please accept my sincerest apologies and ignore my previous post.

in England...you can lower your income (for tax band etc. reasons)

by donating to charity.

so if you earn 50k
and you give 1k to charity
then your income for tax and other purposes is 49k

perhaps this is the same in japan...

Back
Top Bottom