What's new

Help needed about moving to JAPAN.

i2am2danyel

後輩
7 Feb 2010
Hello everyone,

I've been reading this forum as a guest for a couple of weeks now and was following some really nice threads.
I registered today, and was wondering.
I've been dreaming about living and working in Japan since I was a child, I love the Modern City life like Tokyo for ex., I love the Japanese cars, I love the Japanese women. I always loved everything that had anything to do with Japan. I was hunting toys that had the Made in Japan sign on them when I was young.
OK, so I am a 19yr old Romanian and I always wanted to move to Japan.
Are there any Romanians on this forum, or is there anyone who could tell me as much as they can about what do I need to do and what do I have to look for.
I've read almost everything on the forum about Moving to Japan but I couldn't find anything relevant to Romanian-Japan.
Basically I am wondering if I can hop onto a plane and fly down there with some money, find a place and a job and live there just like that?
I am in UK now, and living in the countryside for the last 10 months, I can't take it anymore, nothing is ever happening, I am going crazy. I am an active person, always have to have something going on, I was a car mechaninc/electrician apprentice since i was 12, as my father is qualified mechaninc/electrician. I turned 16 and started working in a Computer Service shop, where I was for 2 years, I know many things about computers and i experienced many softwares, i also have started building custom car audio systems in UK. I know a bit of everything basically. Was wondering if I can just move, work and live in Japan just like that. I did some research and Romanians need a working Visa in order to work in Japan but I am not a qualifed/skilled in any of the categories listed at the Visa obtaining categories.

Thank you very much.
Daniel

Thanks in advance,
Daniel.

You're Romanian, but your avatar says you reside in the UK. Please clarify what your nationality really is -- Romanian or British?

Was wondering if I can just move, work and live in Japan just like that.
If Romanian, then you are going to have more problems with getting a visa in most cases. Nobody can just move here and get a job; foreigners need a work visa. That means you have to be qualified for a job first, get hired second, and then apply for a work visa third.

Most work visas require a bachelor's degree. Do you have one?
If a degree is not required, 3-10 years of work experience in that field is the usual substitute.

Since you admit you are not skilled in any of the areas you seek, the best advice I can give is this:

1) Come here first as a tourist. Look around and get somewhat used to what you see. Too many see Japan as a place with streets paved with gold and with girls who throw themselves at your feet, only to realize the horrible mistake. You can't get work experience as a tourist, though, so keep that in mind.

2) After you experience the country a bit, find out from others (especially in your field) what work is like. Take it from there, but you're going to need a degree and usually lots of Japanese language fluency for a non-teaching type of job.

I am sorry about the UK-Romania confusion, i changed it yesterday but i don't know what happened.... anyway, I live in UK now but i am Romanian national........
Thank you very much Glenski but,
1. I cannot afford to travel around just like that.
2. I don't think that Japan has got girls that fall to your feet, neither i think that it's got gold paved streets.
All i know is that it's a very good place to be, it is better than Romania or UK.
I need

Back
Top Bottom