What's new

help me try to convince a anti jap

infinitijapan

後輩
27 Jul 2003
hey i need to convince a "anti jap" that japan is not like other countrys in asia like china and korea,to prove that the japanese r more advance if u could compile a list of facts it would help.
thanks

1) You are making a huge over generalization by saying Japan is more advanced, therefore not like China or Korea.

2) It would be better if you told us about the argument and his defense. This way we could pinpoint holes in his idea.

3) A list of facts won't prove anything. You need analysis.

Japanese women are the most beutifull in Asia =D !

the most technological advanced in the world

Don't be ridiculous. You don't need to "prove" to anyone that Japan is different from other countries. If said person in question can't figure out at least that much for themselves then they probably aren't worth your time.

he says that japan is just as primitive as other asian countrys like china and korea he says that they hate america and that they do not have a strong missial protection system without america and that without us they would be destroyed by neighboring countrys. he also says tha if i went there i would want to come right back to america because japan is such a bad country.
what a fool and oh ya they do have the hottest girls lol

Originally posted by infinitijapan
he says that japan is just as primitive as other asian countrys like china and korea he says that they hate america and that they do not have a strong missial protection system without america and that without us they would be destroyed by neighboring countrys. he also says tha if i went there i would want to come right back to america because japan is such a bad country.
what a fool and oh ya they do have the hottest girls lol

Oh yes nice girls alright =D im never wrong !

no it isnt my friend it is my grandfather he played in korea in his band and from his experiences there he thinks japan is just as bad.

Some older generations had to put up with events like Pearl Harbor and WWII. Adding that and the intolerance in America half a century ago for other races, it's easy to see how some older folk could have delusions of grandeur on which race is superior and inferior..

So you're agreeing with his argument that Korea is backwards and "bad", then? If he hasn't been there in a decade or more than he doesn't know much about Korea either.

he says that japan is just as primitive as other asian countrys like china and korea he says that they hate america and that they do not have a strong missial protection system without america and that without us they would be destroyed by neighboring countrys.
And America doesn't have a missle defense system either, sounds like your grandfather needs an education on a lot of grounds.

i wouldnt consider china or korea not technologicly advanced, or bad primitive countires. all three each have their good and bad points but arent the same, so he cant really judge japan based off his experiences in korea especially if it was long ago.

Japan has nuclear reactors, bullet trains, some of the finest electronics in the world, national health insurance, and indoor plumbing. What are his complaints?

Ask him about China's or Korea's economy compared to Japan (2nd largest in the world).

Some people hate the USA here, yes, but to generalize like he did is foolish. The vast majority have left that nonsense far behind them in the 60 years since Pearl Harbor. Obviously, your friend has not kept up with the news. (Besides, if Japanese hate Americans, why do they let them stay here for military defense?)

"(Besides, if Japanese hate Americans, why do they let them stay here for military defense?)"

We happen to have a specific forum dedicated to this issue btw under Hot Topics. Check it out sometime if you're interested.

america dos not have a missle defense system?*_* wow?!
also i dont hate korea i hate north korea and those problems happining there.also japan has better music(Xjapan!!hide!!dope headz!!ra:IN)
but one more thing what do u think would happen to japan if they broke there alliance with us so they could build a army again hevean foribd...but do u think theyd be up to any threats china or N. korea posed to them or would they be just fine (maybe even better off?

Originally posted by Iron Chef
Don't be ridiculous. You don't need to "prove" to anyone that Japan is different from other countries. If said person in question can't figure out at least that much for themselves then they probably aren't worth your time.

I concur. Couldn't have said it any better.

Have him read the excerpts I've posted from "Moving Zen" in the arts section

And everyone knows how completely different China is from any other country and civilization that has ever existed as well, it has just been laid low by various circumstances the last couple centuries. So what's the point of this anyway?

america dos not have a missle defense system?*_* wow?!
also i dont hate korea i hate north korea and those problems happining there.also japan has better music(Xjapan!!hide!!dope headz!!ra:IN)
but one more thing what do u think would happen to japan if they broke there alliance with us so they could build a army again hevean foribd...but do u think theyd be up to any threats china or N. korea posed to them or would they be just fine (maybe even better off?

Japan and China along with other countries in East Asia should work more together in the future and become some sort of economic block. That is good for prosperity and peace in that area. It's also good for Japan's relations with those other countries and can create a better Asia as a whole. To be honest I think it's moving in that direction with for example ASEAN, which I think is really good. :)

Back
Top Bottom