What's new

Help Idetifying a Ring

HentoshTrader

後輩
11 Jan 2008
Hello,

I am new to the forums, but have been a huge fan of japanese culture for ages. I recently came into contact with two rings, one with a Hannya face on it carved out of bone or ivory with a silver unmarked band, and another that is identical with the exception of having a carved face of Fururokujo on it. I have spent about three weeks searching the internet trying to find all I could about these rings and sadly, I have found nothing.

The rings are dated to at least pre-WWII. Attached is a photo of the ring with a Hannya face on it.

Thanks for any input.

-Tony Hentosh

M.A. Justice Studies Candidate

Attachments

• Japanese_rings.jpg
    Japanese_rings.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 103
A typo
Fururokujo=>Fukururokuju

You maybe get more answers where you (or your familiy member) bought it.

Hello,

I am new to the forums, but have been a huge fan of japanese culture for ages. I recently came into contact with two rings, one with a Hannya face on it carved out of bone or ivory with a silver unmarked band, and another that is identical with the exception of having a carved face of Fururokujo on it. I have spent about three weeks searching the internet trying to find all I could about these rings and sadly, I have found nothing.

The rings are dated to at least pre-WWII. Attached is a photo of the ring with a Hannya face on it.

Thanks for any input.

-Tony Hentosh

M.A. Justice Studies Candidate

No idea but possibly an email and photo attached to a Japanese museum will hit the nail on the head..

Back
Top Bottom