What's new

Help for room reservation

Roberta

後輩
2 Apr 2008
Hallo to everybody, nice to be in the forum again!!
I need your help: I would like to reserve a room in ryokans that have a website in Japanese only so I would be very grateful if someone can translate for me in kanji (and if i'ts possible also in romaji) the following text:
"Dear Sirs,
I would like to reserve a little room for two people in your ryokan.
We will arrive .... August 2008 and will leave .... August 2008.
We will pay cash in yen.
Please send a confirmation to fax nr............... or e-mail............
Many thanks and best regards."
All my gratefulness to everyone that can do me this favour.
Kisses, Roberta🙂

You might want to ask them if they have any room available first as your visit will be sometime in August, which is a pretty busy month for ryokans.

Hallo to everybody, nice to be in the forum again!!
I need your help: I would like to reserve a room in ryokans that have a website in Japanese only so I would be very grateful if someone can translate for me in kanji (and if i'ts possible also in romaji) the following text:
"Dear Sirs,
I would like to reserve a little room for two people in your ryokan.
We will arrive .... August 2008 and will leave .... August 2008.
We will pay cash in yen.
Please send a confirmation to fax nr............... or e-mail............
Many thanks and best regards."
All my gratefulness to everyone that can do me this favour.
Kisses, Roberta🙂
....Hachigatsu arrival date ni yoyaku wo onegai shitain desuga, heya (single/tatami room??) wa aite imasuka?

Per Ashikaga's post...:)

At first, i think it is better to ask if there are any available room via e-mail if it's possible. They will probably respond within 5 days.
Then, make a reservation, and they will send you a confirmation via e-mail or fax.
I am writing down very casual letter. (usually, it is okay for any ryokans...)
If you need a formal letter, just ask again.
--------------------------------------------------------------
................様 (the name of the ryokan)
はじめまして、...........と申します。(your name)
2008年8月….日(arrival date)から8月….日(departure date)まで、小さい二人部屋を予約したいと思っていまあ キが、部屋の空きはありますか?
支払いは日本円でいたします。
よろしくお願いします。
your name
e-mail address / contact #
------------------------------------------------------
(romaji)
....................sama (the name of the ryokan)
hachi gatsu ... hi (arrival date) kara hachi gatsu ... hi (departure date) made, tiisai hutari-beya wo yoyaku shitai to omotte imasuga, heya no aki ha arimasuka?
shiharai ha nihon-yen de itashimasu
yoroshiku onegaisimasu.
-------------------------------------------
in english
Dear ...,
Hello, my name is ...
I would like to reserve a little room for two people from ... Aug 2008 to ... August 2008. Do you have any available room?
We will pay cash in yen.
My best regards,
--------------------------------------------------
I hope it will help,
-yohe

thank you very much instead Roberta

Actually I learn 日本語 so this translation was
useful to me ........
but I wanna ask you .. what do you mean by (ryokans)
thank you again

Hallo Katsumoto,
I'm sorry, I don't understand what are you asking me, do you want to know what is a japanese ryokan?

Hi Katsumoto,
a ryokan is a Japanese-style inn, complete with a variety of facilities. In most cases guest are served dinner in the evening at the day of arrival and breakfast the next morning. Rooms are usually Japanese-style, with straw tatami mats used for flooring. Guests sleep on futon (thin mattresses that are spread on the tatami mats at night and stored folded in a closet during the day). If you go in Japan I recommend you to stay in ryokans instead or western style hotels because they are really nice and interesting and usually owners are very kind.
Bye 🙂

Back
Top Bottom