What's new

Hello, Sorry If There's Already A Thread For This

X-Hermit

Registered
Reaction score
Coudn't find one that was open anyways, just wanting to say hi hmm a bit about me There's not much i can say that i'm proud of at the moment.

I was born with a disability Cerebral Palsy that effects mainly, my body but to a small extent my brain as well. I believe. its Called Develop Mentally Delayed.

I was told through most of my life that i can't do things or It would be a waste of time. and though Initially just brushed it off in Time I to began to think that way. I fell into huge depression and closed myself off for a number of years. Pretty much gave up on life and myself.

Sick of drifting along I've once again decided to start giving life a try. My first Step To be more honest others making fun of me be damned I love Almost all things Your anime is Entertaining, Your games are Encaging, Your culture is engrossing, you get the idea.

Its gotten to the point where inspite of the fact that it is nearly impossible for me to write I am trying to learn your language by hand. that being said I am still really really new at this. and its the main reason I'm here if I surround myself with those of like interest hopefully it sticks easier. I hope we all get along Sincerely X-Hermit. Oh and i'm also just starting out on youtube so I would be open to some tips on good setups on a low budget gooday

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Staff member
Donor
Reaction score
welcome to the board, @X-Hermit. We are mostly non-Japanese and expats (foreigners living in Japan), but there are some Japanese people on the board here as well. We have a learning Japanese board, feel free to ask any questions you may have :)

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
I was born with a disability Cerebral Palsy that effects mainly, my body but to a small extent my brain as well. I believe. its Called Develop Mentally Delayed.

I was told through most of my life that i can't do things or It would be a waste of time
I once knew a man with Cerebral Palsy and a childhood like that. When he was a kid they thought he was retarded. They put him in Special Education classes and nobody expected anything of him.

and though Initially just brushed it off in Time I to began to think that way. I fell into huge depression and closed myself off for a number of years. Pretty much gave up on life and myself.
The man I knew didn't. He went on to get a PhD in Criminal Justice and right now is a professor at Grambling State University. That's him on the upper right, Dr. Daniel Dotter.

Grambling State University - Department of Criminal Justice

Last I saw him, about thirty years ago, he had to use a pair of canes to help himself get around physically, but as you can see he didn't let himself be limited by what others told him about his own mind.

Don't let other define you. They're not the ones who have to spend 24/7 being you....you are. You get to define you.

X-Hermit

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, thanks guys I appreciate the friendliness I have already received thus far :) as for learning Japanese are there resources out there to learn Kanji for free I can't afford actual Japanese classes at the moment. I found ways to Learn Katakana and Hiragana for free if I apply myself enough No luck with Kanji though. and since I would eventually like to translate games I know I need to learn Kanji too

mdchachi

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome. There are many people here happy to help you with your Japanese learning journey here.