What's new

Hello! New member here!

Miss_Looptux

Registered
16 Feb 2020
Hello,
I have been studying Japanese on my own time and will be taking a class in may.

I am a person who is hoping to drop my US citizenship and become a Japanese citizen and work to death. xD
My name is Madelyn, call me Maddie.
I am currently 19 years old and I currently reside in the US.
I am very proficient with technology and coding, now only if i would stop procrastinating.
(To be honest, I think i would do a better job dismantling computers at a recycling plant and get paid lol)

I hope to get some help with studies and make some friends,
Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Good luck with your future plans.
A few things to bear in mind - Japan (and most other countries) doesn't tend to allow people to come to the country to do jobs that its own citizens can do, so you may need to rethink your plans on coming to Japan to do coding. Two realistic possibilities in the next few years are 1) coming over on a working holiday visa (which you can get because you are young), 2) getting a degree and a qualification in teaching English then coming over to teach English. If you want freedom to do any job, you'll need to be a dependent or spouse of a Japanese person. Finally, very foreigners make the final step to become Japanese citizens. I've been here 16 years and have never considered applying for citizenship, the main reason being that I'd lose my British citizenship and therefore the right to remain indefinitely in Britain, which I may need to do in future.

Hi Madelyn and welcome to the forum.

Here is a job for a software trainer (which I know is not the same as being a coder). Please note this job requires a very high level of Japanese ability. If you really want to become a high-level speaker of Japanese, you will need to move to and live in Japan. One of the easiest jobs to get in Japan is English teacher. I would recommend going to Japan to teach English, learn to speak Japanese well, then look for a good coding job. (I think that, if you do not live in Japan, you will not learn to speak Japanese really well.)

As stated above, British subjects can get a working holiday visa but American citizens cannot.

Back
Top Bottom