What's new

Hello need help with Name ?

Jrfinds

Kouhai
Reaction score
KIMG1076.JPG
KIMG1076.JPG KIMG1076.JPG KIMG1078.JPG KIMG1078.JPG This Vase is Japanese it is sign on side, I am wondering if someone has seen this mark or name before? I would like any help. Like to no maker or artist. Thank you !

Attachments

Last edited:

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems to me to be two kanji. The upper one is illegible, but the lower might be 乃 "no". It would be the signature of the artist or pottery, anyway.

Jrfinds

Kouhai
Reaction score
It seems to me to be two kanji. The upper one is illegible, but the lower might be 乃 "no". It would be the signature of the artist or pottery, anyway.
Thank you for your time

Jrfinds

Kouhai
Reaction score
Oh Could the upper be "sa" or "so"

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I don't think so. It would be a kanji.

Jrfinds

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hi , I have this vase and I can't find out a lot about it, I try by no luck. So I am wondering can someone tell me anything about it? I got it at a goodwill store. I believe it's Japanese there is a sign name, I believe on side, I’m not sure if it is porcelain or stoneware? What do you think.

KIMG1077.JPG
KIMG1078.JPG
KIMG1069.JPG

Porcelain or stoneware? It is about 6" tall, it a cracking glaze I think that what they call it. Thank you for your time!

DSCF6047.JPG
DSCF6049.JPG
DSCF6049.JPG