What's new

Hello from Debito in Sapporo

arudoudebito

Mentor
25 Apr 2002
Hello everyone at Japan Reference from Arudou Debito in Sapporo. Monitors have asked me to delurk for once and introduce myself.

Vitals: I'm a 37-year-old male resident of Sapporo who's been here off and on since 1986, living here permanently since 1991. I became a naturalized Japanese citizen in 2000, and have a website (as my profile elsewhere says) at debito.org | Dr. Debito Arudou's Home Page: Issues of Life and Human Rights in Japan. Have a gander at it if you have time.

Recents: Good thing I'm typing this to you or else I would be completely incommunicado. I've completely lost my voice since the upset victory of the US over Portugal in the World Cup, and the incredibly good-natured but raucus activity throughout the parks and party districts of Sapporo after England beat Argentina up here. Looking forward to the Japan vs Russia game this evening.

Other than that, I look forward to posting and getting some feedback. I'm very impressed with the Japan Reference site and the friendliness of the monitors. Bests to all from these northern shores! Arudou Debito in Sapporo:gulp: :gulp:

Hi Debito,

thanks for your kind words, it's an honour to have you here!

Sapporo must have been a hot spot to live in during the past few days. I guess England had a lot of ELT support. Commentators predicted the game against Argentine to be a small Falkland War (well, it rather turned out to be a storm in a teacup, hehe). Looking forward to see the Japanese team playing against Russia (What will they call it? A little battle of Tsushima?).
:)

PS: I also hope that a successful U.S. team will help to make soccer more popular in the States.

yahoo

Japan 1 Russia 0

Sorry for high jacking the thread.

@us soccer
america doesn't really have open seasons since Baseball, Basketball, football, and ice hockey occupy most of TV time.

I heard that most americans didn't even know the World Cup was happening let alone that the US ranks 13 in the world.

@us soccer info in Japan.
hmmm ... barely have seen anything about the American team on TV. Only 1 score the whole time. I'm not normally a big soccer fan but this round is a little different.

I wonder if this has anything to do with America beating Japan in the olympics?

@susukino
hehe ... my buddies apparently had a bout with some Brits. Almost a fight, which for my friends means that only a few punches got thrown before the Brits broke out with [domo sumimasen].

yahoo!!! Japan won!!!

Back
Top Bottom