What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Have you guys had any bad experience with Japanese people?

Muz1234

後輩
Reaction score
Have you guys had any bad experience with Japanese people? That you just can't forget about it...

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
I think if you live in any country long enough , you will run into someone who is trouble. Although it was rare in Japan , once in a while a very drunk man would get loud. In my two years , the only one I really remember was a drunk yakuza with a knife was very angry my 5 Japanese female friends were with a gaijin. Lucky for me , when I approached him , he ran away. This was during the early 70's and I considered Japan the safest place I'd ever been.

bentenmusume

やれやれ
Contributor
Reaction score
I think if you live in any country long enough , you will run into someone who is trouble.
I agree with Uncle Frank. What exactly are you hoping to understand by asking this question?
It's possible to have bad experiences anywhere, and with people of any nationality.
What would make a bad experience unique or significant just because the person in question happened to be Japanese?

Muz1234

後輩
Reaction score
The only bad experience I had with Japanese people, is when I took their photograph without their permission...

bentenmusume

やれやれ
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe this topic came up before, but well, I think many people (not just Japanese people) would have a problem with having their photo taken without their permission.

It's not a very polite thing to do, and if you absolutely must do it, you should probably make a better effort to do it discreetly (and be prepared for people to be angry at you if they do notice).

Last edited:
Top Bottom